Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

"Per app" option for Windows

I would love to see the same "per app" option on Vypr for Windows that is already available on the Apple Mac and Android versions.
It would be very useful to be able to allow certain apps to bypass the VPN when it is running.

619 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SeanSean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IvanIvan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have in desperate need to have this option to bypass the vpn to certain app like Planeplotter thats sharing my data when UDP port 9742 is open. This program must run 24/7. I allready been asked to fix this but from Planeplotter support and i can not right now. The option i can see per app in my android phone but not on my windows pc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is a feature I'd very much love have as well. When is can be done for Mac, surely it could be done for Windows as well, right?

• Lee MillerLee Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

jesus, the first comment is from 2013 - what's the holdup? I'm also in China and am sick of switching the VPN on and off for different things.

• billleeshangyu@gmail.combillleeshangyu@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function was in a VPN software I used before.

In some circumstances, you want to run VPN on, for instance, your browser only, and not on other software, say Steam.

This function will be very handy when running multiple application at the same time.

• Vitor MoreiraVitor Moreira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd absolutely would love this, recently where I live some gaming voice chat programs were bloqued, If i turn the vpn to use something like teamspeak, then my gaming experience gets horrible with often lag spikes so I have to play without the vpn and can't speak with friends/team

I hope VYPR can be on the computer sub-site, application, traffic to speed up. This is very convenient for those who only need to use VPNs on specific URLs and specific programs. For example, if you use VYPR in China, the URL to visit China will be particularly slow, but the shunt will be a good solution to this problem. Increase this function!

what about bringing this feature to Fire TV, is that an option? Netflix and other streaming apps don't work in Fire TV

• Cameron TaljaardCameron Taljaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only feature I've found myself lusting for in this application, is the ability to enable VyprVPN exclusively for select applications.

For example, I use VyprVPN for a specific application and nothing else, but when VyprVPN is enabled, I have no choice but to have Steam download through it, which is much, much slower and less reliable. As well as when I'm watching videos on Youtube or Twitch, Vypr has only made this worse due to bad latency I'd assume.

I think the option to enable it on a per app basis would be amazing.

Can we specifically pick a game or app and not the whole internet connection to connect to a server?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, two features needed, bypass vpn with certain website/use different IP for certain websites and Application bypass vpn/use different IP. You can't be fully anonymous at the moment because a digital footprint is being left behind.

• KaiKai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope it comes in a pack with a domain whitelisting feature so that you can exclude certain domains from being routed through a vpn

Is this coming? Been anticipating this for a very long time. Cant use my VPN as often as id like without it.

• Peter TamPeter Tam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, that feature would be cool, as i am in China. So I would need VPN for Facebook, Twitter, etc, but not for other unblocked site like www.cnn.com, etc

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base