Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

Way to add LTE as a trusted or untrusted network

I don't want to use VPN on cellular network. If i connect to a public untrusted wifi the VPN will connect and after I move out of range, VPN stay connected on LTE because there is no way to tell the app I trust LTE.

On the other side someone could not trust LTE but would not want the vpn to connect on if home wifi.

Please add a switch asking if you trust 3G/LTE cellular data network and make it auto connect like untrusted wifi option.

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    davelive@mac.comdavelive@mac.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the idea!

You could temporarily circumvent this by disabling the auto-reconnect on disconnect option. When you move off an untrusted network, the app disconnects and reconnects, although it may seem like the connection between the wifi network and LTE is maintained, it is not. Any time the network changes, VyprVPN will need to reconnect. Although, it does so quickly.

If you turn off auto-reconnect, the connection will break after jumping from wifi to LTE and it will not re-establish.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...