Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

Auto disconnect when shutting down PC.

I experience connection errors when starting up my computer if I don't disconnect Vper before shut down. If It could automatically disconnect during Windows shut down, that would solve the problem. It reconnects just fine on start up.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    J shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gianni_@hotmail.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Mac, shut down is always delayed by a message saying that if you quit VyprVPN, your VPN connection will be terminated. This alert prevents the computer from shutting down until you click ‘Quit’. It would be nice for the application to not do this when the computer is trying to shut down.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you have the option 'Connect VyprVPN when Windows starts up' ticked, VyprVPN doesn't disconnect its session when you shut down Windows. When you start the computer again and log back in, VyprVPN thinks its connection has persisted and still thinks it's connected, even though the connection is gone. It shows a session time stretching back to the last time you used the PC, but the connection doesn't actually work. You have to manually disconnect and reconnect to resolve this. Making VyprVPN close its session gracefully when Windows shuts down would solve this problem.
        Unusually for a desktop PC, I'm using a wi-fi dongle. Maybe that's related?

System information:
        Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
        Version 10.0.14393
        NETGEAR WNDA3100v3 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter
        Driver version: 5.1.20.0
        Windows is allowed to turn the dongle off to save power.

Feedback and Knowledge Base