Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

Add additional protocols to iOS app

OpenVPN vs chameleon vs ....

The current protocol performs poorly at my work.

921 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gowing@nospammail.net shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • and1.vall3@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Mac is working quite well, trying the three protocols (including Chamaleon), but with iOS this is not possible.
        In China, for example, VyprVPN can’t work on public networks as the standard protocol is not working.
        When will be ready the update (or upgrade, I would say)

• mohsen_ir_mf@yahoo.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In android version there’s option to change protocol and set it to Chameleon/ OpenVPN-256/ OpenVPN-170, but in iOS version we cannot change it, why? What’s the problem that you haven’t add this option to iOS yet?

• flowwrap2013@protonmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To those of you complaining about using OpenVPN on iOS, The "OpenVPN Connect" app works with the OVPN config profiles from the GoldenFrog Website. Download the config files and import the certificates as well as the desired encryption. It would be great to see Chameleon implemented in this way as Apple will never allow it on IOS. Not directly anyways. Sad that you have to jailbreak a device to use it to its full potential,?and then you cannot use the current version. After all these years spending thousands of dollars on Apple products, I'd love to see a real Linux based, open source alternative that was worth a Damn to get away from these monopolies by Google and Apple. The Windows phone doesn't count for obvious reasons.

• vegito1689@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the option to choose protocol when desired. Some of the competition offers that ability across all platforms. The ability to choose an Open VPN, UDP/TCP protocol and other protocols, gives us, the customers, the flexibility we deserve. Many networks block IKEv2 and IPsec, therefore leaving those of us out in the cold, surfing unprotected on said networks. Other companies have already implemented those capabilities within their apps even for iOS, so it definitely can be done.

• ajit2119kumar@gmx.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add split tunneling feature as soon as possible and also ensure whatever is available on desktop is also available for mobile apps

• allansummers@sky.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need OpenVPN and Chameleon for iOS. I know it can be done because other VPNs have added stealth protocols on their iOS apps.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need the Chameleon protocol for iOS. I am currently working in China and they are starting to aggressively block openVPN connections by using deep package inspection. Add it the iOS app please!!!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base