Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

Make it possible for users to connect with OpenVPN via port 443, in addition to port 1194.

112 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jason Wiscarson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminGolden Frog (Product Manager, Golden Frog, GmbH) responded  · 

Great News! We just added automatic and manual port selection to the VyprVPN Windows app. Mac is very close to being completed and will enter Beta in the next week or so.

https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/changelog/windows

- Chameleon and OpenVPN automatic port selection randomly scans for open ports to defeat intentional port blocking or throttling
    - Chameleon and OpenVPN manual port selection allows you to choose the port

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • calojatoh@divismail.ru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still cannot connect from my institue. While custom port is available but i can not change to 1194 or 2018 which is open and i can connect by these port using other vpn vendors.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i m in the exact same situation tha the last 2 comments. University block everything but port 80 and 443...

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is vital. My university blocks all ports but 80 and 443. Vypr in theory is great but if I can't use it, then what's the point?

• leading commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE update!!!Our University has a slightly draconian policy for use of the internet on campus. All traffic must go through an HTTP proxy; basically everything besides port 80 (for regular HTTP) and port 443 (for HTTPS) is blocked.

• Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? I would love to connect to Vypr via TCP over port 443, as I suspect my ISP is beginning to throttle OpenVPN traffic over UDP 1194.

• h commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi, the year is coming to an end.. have you made progress on this? may i add tcp over 80 to the wishlist. thanks

I see 443 is now available using UDP, but our internal firewall will only let TCP traffic over 443. Please make this available as any option.

Currently on a 3 day trial and wont be going forward with this as I cannot get the VPN to work over 443/UDP need TCP to get through the firewall.

I left golden frog vypr for this reason - I was using witopia, and moving when contract change was coming up, vypr couldn't compete & I couldn't use your product behind my company firewall - which is one use for my VPN service.

Please add this a.s.a.p. - I am convinced you will see a huge increase in interest in your product once this is implemented.

• Kagami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a definite need, frequently in Japan I find myself connecting to networks that only allow port 80 and 443, and I can't use VyprVPN. Please and thank you for this feature!

• MJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for working on this. I am interested in VyprVPN, but I am frequently on networks that only allow TCP 80/443.

• blue2k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a definite need. I don't see the point of investing in efforts like Chameleon if you can't get through a firewall because of simple port restrictions. We definitely need an option for alternative ports like 443/TCP. Especially since Vypr is suddenly making a push for business customers, and many company firewalls block everything other than basic ports like 443.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base