Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

VPN Kill Switch - Add an option to VyprVPN to disconnect the internet when the VPN drops.

Add a check mark to disable internet if VPN connection is lost.

391 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why there's no option to only apply kill switch on unintended disconnect. I want to be able to manually turn off Vypr without kill switch reacting automatically. Could you please add that option?

• Salamm Iraq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VyprvVPN becomes more and more the kind of program I use because it replies to what I want depending of why the application is coded for.
        at the beginning, I didnt use it.
        When you added VyprDNS, I had issues in the first days, impossible to resolve ip from url, so I stopped using it. and now it works perfect and the dns leak prevention also.
        Then I saw the new beta with killswitch, I use it for few days, it blocks internet and lan traffic, and I use the option "system", it replies exactly to what I wanted from a killswitch.
        Great job your coders released.
        If you continue like that, one day, you'll be maybe as good as comodo te

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huge Thanks for this must have feature!
        You guys rock!

When it's comes to stable version?

• L0R3nT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VyprvVPN becomes more and more the kind of program I use because it replies to what I want depending of why the application is coded for.
        at the beginning, I didnt use it.
        When you added VyprDNS, I had issues in the first days, impossible to resolve ip from url, so I stopped using it. and now it works perfect and the dns leak prevention also.
        Then I saw the new beta with killswitch, I use it for few days, it blocks internet and lan traffic, and I use the option "system", it replies exactly to what I wanted from a killswitch.
        Great job your coders released.
        If you continue like that, one day, you'll be maybe as good as comodo team coders. ;-)

• perceptron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you have an updated ETA on when we might see this feature?
        I'm on 2.4.5.3646 (6/4/2014) and don't see anything like a kill switch.
        Thanks!

• wibz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

News about this feature please ? Very important for a lot of people I see. With this feature VyprVPN will be just perfect :)

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Limited use without it. I really like this service but I cannot rely on it without this feature (kill the internet or an application). It sees so obvious one wonders why it was not included on day one. I can only think the designers just couldn't be bothered to implement it ( I am a Software Engineer and I know it is not difficult at all to implement it)

• L0R3nT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's a absolute necessity to add this option into Vyprvpn,
        But I'm thiking about the method to integrate that....
        you have to code a new process maybe...
        Good Luck

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please. What's happening here? Jan has already come and Gone. Which YEAR did you mean :) ?

The option was announced to be included in new release before January, but still not available. Using internet through VyprVPN cannot be considered 100% safe today since traffic may come back unencrypted and visible to any sniffer at anytime if the soft disconnect. Today I would not recommend to use VypVPN in sensitive area (where you risk fee or penalty for consulting banned internet address) untill the problem is ressolved. It is a major issue, where security is not a problem, we don't need VPN, security and privacy is the first reason we pay the service. Please resolve this issue once for all.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, I won't sign on yearly with Vypr till its there. Pity as Vypr is damned good otherwise...kicks HMA's ass!

• Callahan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE, we need It asap. VpnLifeguard not working with VyprVPN for Windows. In my eyes it's the most impotant idea for VyprVPN ever.

• FuGuM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, because it is not nice to come back to your PC and the connection is open. Even selecting a list of backups if it disconnects would be much better than nothing. Kill switch would be perfect, just like you have in most software firewalls.

• calgarian2011 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option cannot come soon enough. I also agree with "JP" that enabling certain programs that will automatically shut down if VyprVPN disconnects for whatever reason.

No application should be able to access internet when VyprVPN has lost the connection or crashed.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base