Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Raymond Skinner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IPv6 support is a must, many apps aren't supporting IPv4 as well anymore. Come on let's get a move on.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a professional smart VPN provider, VyprVPN should add 'Disable IPv6 traffic' option . Most of the users generally want easy-to-use client software/app. Although it is easy to disable IPv6 in WIndows OS etc, but many don't know or like to always manually configure it. Many VPN companies already understood the point and added it.

• Arlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well I hope you do get it sorted ...I, for one, am thoroughly sick of being on the receiving end of "IPv6, - what's that?", "IPv6, - there is no call for it", + "what do you need IPv6 for?". I have native IPv6 from AA ISP (the only UK ISP to offer it) and I use it for connecting to my server ...or, at least, I can if I drop the Frog first ...c'mon, people, VPN service with no IPv6 is pointless ...and what about Chameleon options, too, - I note that they are not mentioned in the above?

• josh4workemail@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are paying for protection that is not provided....

Have brought this issue up now 4 times over the last 6 months to VYPR support. You will lose this and more customers without a fast resolution.

Please fix this.

It's 5 past 12! Think most of the VYPRVPN users don't know that they are unprotected if use IPv6.

• Ian Wagner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to put in my request for this as well. The US is severely behind in IPv6 support, yes, but many of us actually do have IPv6 support, myself included. I am currently unprotected whenever I visit any IPv6 site, and this is just a little bit disconcerting.

• Jerry Lerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue as I see it isn't the imminent non-support of ipv4 because of IP address exhaustion but rather that when on the VPN, ipv6 connections are not going through the VPN, and so there is no security. It's impressive how many sites are putting up IPV6 servers these days. This site included. Yep, I noticed that I'm connected here using IPV6. Ironically being on vyprvpn is not even protecting me from the VPN provider's own site! Ironic and a good example of the problem.

I'm unable to connect to VyprVPN over Verizon's LTE network. I believe this is due to IPv6, but I can't be sure without using a rooted phone. Either way, IPv6 adoption is kicking up fast and the longer you ignore it the more problems it will introduce.

Your response sounds like you are hedging; waiting until everyone else adopts IPv6 before doing so yourself. This is not behavior I would expect from a premium VPN service.

+1 for IPv6. While nearly everything is still accessible via IPv4 that may not continue to be the case. IANA has issued the last block of IPv4 addresses, and the registrars will eventually issue all the blocks they have been allocated. At the very least, you should be able support Teredo - though a native solution is obviously more desirable.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base