Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

VyprVPN Router

I would like to have a way to use my dd-wrt router to handle the VPN tunnel AND have the option to easily change the location of the VPN server, Would it be possible to make a plugin or some type of router control panel to work with DD-WRT or another open source firmware. ?

274 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    psymn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gareth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would not mark this request as completed. Psymn requested this for dd-wrt configured routers, not tomato. I have a PC configured with dd-wrt. If tomato can be installed on an x86 PC let me know because I might give it a try.
        According to ur setup instructions though, these are the only processors supported by ur tomato app:
        MIPS: K26RT-N or K26RT-AC
        ARM: K26ARM

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just joined the community but can't see where to ask to be added to the Alpha Router group.

I have a LinkSys DIR-615 and keen to be on the alpha trial.

• AdminGolden Frog (Product Manager, Golden Frog, GmbH) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good News!

We have opened up our Alpha Program for the VyprVPN Router project.

To get started as an Alpha Tester, please join our Google Group:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vyprvpn-router-alpha

VyprVPN Router setup instructions are posted in the Google Group, so please join to get started as an Alpha tester!

Thank you,
        Golden Frog
        product@goldenfrog.com

• Caven Barrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an ASUS AC68R that comes with a built in VPN client but when connected to Vypr only a few sites load. I know your site says DD-WRT but I would hope your service could use any vpn client on the PPTP or L2TP. I may have to cancel this service after less than 4 hours of use.

• victorleong@me.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently setup VyprVPN for my household wifi over a newly purchased Linksys E4200 router (which is one of the recommended routers by VyprVPN).

DD-WRT was installed successfully.
        Further, I followed the VyprVPN guide religiously (for OpenVPN protocol) but VPN connection could not be established.

One of the issues is that some of the parameters in DD-WRT and VyprVPN does not match. I contacted Support and was advised to try PPTP instead - but this has also failed to connect to VyprVPN.

Anyone able to connect to VyprVPN for Linksys E4200 on DD-WRT?

I am really disappointed as I have just subscribed to VyprVPN and was informed by support that DD-WRT over router would be supported (on E4200 router).

• TheJester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just purchased an Asus RT-AC66U, would be great if there would be plugins for tomato by shibby or ddwrt. also it would be great if there would be a possibility to change server with an android app while being conected to the wifi.

• Paolo Aralla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's already possible to use a router with vyprvpn: I use OpenVPN protocol with my router (Asus RT-N16) and tomatoUSB firmware (requires some manual configurations but it works).

Will be great a vyprvpn interface (inside tomatousb or dd-wrt firmware) to configure credentials, server, protocol and so on (no manual configuration).

• Narongsak Wongmaneeroj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to set up a bridged virtual lan through 3g networks such that it can handle remote multiple client dumb devices connection to my vpn server without running application since those devices only has a lan port with ip network configurability. Example my customers have portable EKGs which I would like to sometimes examines their status online. Such an EKG need two ways protocol. I just want a device like a openvpn dd-wrt router but better performance. Can you setup your equipments in my country - Thailand. If you want me to be your rep. , I 'll be glad to join.

Feedback and Knowledge Base