Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

Add support to the Android TV boxes

Extend the support to the android TV boxes: would be very useful because sometimes some content is regional based, with the VPN, the location can be changed easily and people could access to different contents that could not be otherwise reacheable

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    marco shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Earl Stenlund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does not show up in the play store for me on Sony Bravia TV or 2 different Nvidia Shield consoles. Web version of play store says the app is incompatible with all 3 of my devices.

• Markus Schiefer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just installed it on the SHIELD TV. I can create a connection, but afterwards no other App has internet access anymore.

I this related to the latest Update of SHIELD to 2.0?

• svs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please check your app is available for smart TVs. E.g. not available on the Google app store via android sony bravia 2015.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oops, have side loaded the vyprvpn into the shieldbox.... its working..... Cool.......

• Chaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tested on my Nexus Player, which is running on the Android M Preview Build (v3), working great :)

• Addy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

holding my breath with excitement, It's nearly September... hows it looking? Can't wait to install on my Minix Neo X8-H plus!!!!

• N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if the VyprVPN Android app could be made compatible with Android TV devices such as the Nexus Player, Nvidia Shield TV, etc. I have been able to sideload the current Android app, and have even managed to Sign in, but there appears to be no way to click the CONNECT button using the remote control (as Android TV devices lack a touch screen). I suspect that the app may be usable with a mouse, but I have not yet been able to test it. It would be great if the app could be made compatible with Android TV. As the app appears to be already mostly working, I suspect that this would just require some minor updates to the UI to accept remote control navigation.

I have noticed that one of VyprVPN's competitors is already offering an app for Android TV. Please don't fall behind. I've been using Giganews/VyprVPN for years now and would hate to be forced to switch.

Feedback and Knowledge Base