Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

340 results found

1. Fast connection bonding

It would be superb, if VyprVPN would also include bonding of several internet connections into one super fast VyprVPN line. We do have one or more cable internet connections, LTE, 3g on cell phones... why not have a service that is bonding all available connections of a single user to form a super fast, reliant and at the same time Vyper secure connection to the internet..? Some VPN provider already offer such a service.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Accessibility for the visually impaired

Dear VyprVPN development team.

Please consider working with the NVDA development team or using the application itself to improve the accessibility of the graphic user interface of VyprVPN. I was nearly blind. I have had surgery and now I see better. When I was blind I could not navigate the GUI with the arrow or the tab keys. Try it with your eyes closed in NVDA and you will note that The fields/buttons are not available tor the screen reader. Also in the settings dialog, some but not all of the content is accessible.

NonVisual Desktop Access - Wikipedia
    NV…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Small Notification App for Connection Status

I have VyprVPN connected on the router, which works great. However it would be good to have a small notification app you could install on the desktop to tell you your connection status, similar to the IP status shown on the top of the goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn website. This way the user can tell if the router gets disconnected. The existing client apps do not recognise that they are being connected through the router.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ps4 app

It would be great to have a PS4 app for VyprVPN. I currently do not have a way to tether my pc connection to my PS4. My PC only has a single NIC interface and no wireless so I can't use a crosstalk cable and running a local proxy has proven to be unreliable for downloads.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make Premier to 5 Simultaneous Connections

Currently, vyprvpn premier can only connect up to 3 devices only.
    Please add 2 more so that it would be 5 devices in total.

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Faster disconnects

Speed up log off disconnects and offer added connections on a per connection price

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Embed a Speedtest-esque applet into VyprVPN

Add an applet within the desktop, iOS, Android and other flavors of VyprVPN that acts like a Speedtest but behaves according to your location and the remote server you're connected to. For example, if I connect to a VPN in India but am in the U.S. and I use Ooklas Speedtest.net app, it picks a server based on ping near me in the U.S. However the results from tests where the Speedtest thinks it needs to ping based on your location and not where your IP is gives misleading results that are often very very slow, even if you're on…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Different Price Mechanism for Different Countries

I'm a VyprVPN user from Malaysia, and I've been using VyprVPN for just a few weeks. I love this service so much, but for users in Malaysia, we have an issue to subscribe, which is the price.

Please do understand that when we have to convert the fee to our currency from USD, we have to multiply approximately 4.20++ (as I'm replying right now). So if the monthly fee for a Premier account is 10USD, we have to pay about RM40+.

I hope VyprVPN can consider the monthly fee price mechanism for other country than US (like what Google have…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Usage-based Billing

I'd like a way to have my VPN service always on, always ready, but only billed in months I use. For infrequent users, the processes of subscribing and unsubscribing for each time I need the service adds inconvenience, and sometimes I just don't bother because of the extra inconvenience.

Why not offer a plan that costs $X/month during months when I use it, and $0/month during idle months. That's something I would buy.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The possibility to autoswitch server's?

Greatly Reduced - VyprDNS is at the same location as the VyprVPN server you connect to so you receive the proper online experience for that country.

This got me the idea. This option would be very usefull for geolocation restricted websites.
    For example.

You are abroad in the US. You want to see the news, Or ip restricted ip tv providers streams. You need to select the server in for example NL to be able to watch. But after this u want to see the news in for example EN. Than u need to switch to a UK server manually.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include Support for a Local Proxy

This idea was similarly requested in 2013 as http://ideas.goldenfrog.com/forums/171209-golden-frog-ideas/suggestions/3873211-socks-proxy

Many devices do not have a way to share internet connection and buying a new router (which an ISP may not support and may not work with a providers iptv) should not be accepted as a solution.

Allowing the VPN to also act as a local proxy, one could route the other devices through the computer running the vypr app.

Ultimately apps for other devices would be preferred, but this would be a huge step forward in the support of less popular devices. With IoT becoming a larger market, it would…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. CLEAR Instructions for new users from Giganews

You should pass on that this should be clearly explained on the website on Giganews.

1. For Giganews accounts: Account holders need to logon to VyperVPN with their Giganews account credentials to get the unlimited account they paid for with Platinum or Diamond Giganews upgrades. The only information right now comes from the application at first launch (desktop AND Android) and it says NOTHING about using the Giganews account to get credit for the upgrade. It only prompts the user to create an account. Very confusing. NOT a good user experience!

2. Bandwidth meter: This is displayed on the "free" accounts. If…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like an auto switch to next favorite server if the current seems stuck

Often the current server got stuck, so no traffic is done. To solve it requires to stop VPN manually and choose another working server.
    It would be much helpfull, if stuck traffic would be detected by VyprVpn itself and than release connection and automatically switch to the next fastest server defined in favorites to make a new connection.
    If fastest server is choosen in in connection profile, switchover should work only with the defined server favorites.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to be able to exclude VPN locations from the fastest connection option.

I would like to ability to exclude locations from the connect to the fastest VPN option. For instance I am in Australia and when I use the service I do not want to connect to a server in Australia

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. VyprVPN application for game consoles

Imagine Vyprvpn as the first service provider for Gaming Platforms like Xbox and Sony!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Paysafecard as a payment method

Would be nice to have Paysafecard as a Payment method, since this would allow people that either do not want to use a credit card or do not have a credit card the option to still pay for a great VPN service.

Best Regards,
    Mauritz N

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable security questions.

To avoid our accounts being stolen by thieves, enable security questions or other security authentication, before changing email address or password, we must pass the security authentication.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add support for FreeNAS 9.3.x

I would like to see VyprVPN for FreeNAS servers added.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. can you please provide a option for set customer First ip as broadband type ?

Please provide a option to set customer first IP as broadband type

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base