Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

Please tell us your feature request....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unblock Port 465 for sending mail

Not able to send email when connected to VyprVPN because of the new port blocking policy to prevent spam. Other services blocking Port 25 allow Ports 587 and 465. Please add 465.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Start App after VyprVPN Connects

The ability to execute an application once VyprVPN app is verified running and VPN connection established.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Application Bandwidth Monitoring

When using "Connection Per App" feature, it would be great to be able to see a breakdown of what app is using how much upload/download bandwidth. Not simply overall use. It also serves as a way to check that an application is using the VPN properly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bypass KillSwitch if App is specified to bypass VPN

If an application is specified to bypass the VPN (using manage app feature) it should also bypass KillSwitch. Alternatively, there should be an additional option to bypass VPN AND killswitch.

In some locations, Skype doesn't work very well over VPN. These are usually the locations where it is difficult to maintain a VPN. I would like to be able to specify that Skype should bypass VPN but still be allowed to access the internet if VPN not running AND kill switch is set.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Different NAT settings for different device

The possibility to activate and deactivate the NAT for each device connected.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bypass VPN for local network activities

I'd love to have the possibility to bypass vpn for printing on a local network printer. I find it very annoying to have to disconnect every time I wan't to print....

Thanks in advance

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ad blockers at the servers

Ad blocker at the servers. As a benefit to you it would reduce data demand on your network. I am a paying customer. Perhaps you could make this a benefit for paying customers, and as a draw to encourage more to pay for the service.

243 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. two-factor authentication for control panel

To enhance the security of the account, I propose to establish the authentication system with two-factor mobile applications (eg Google Authenticator, LastPass ... etc) to connect to the user's control panel.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Multi-Link VPN Aggregation

Use http://www.mlvpn.fr/ to provide Bonding/Aggregation across links.

ex. LTE and Wifi are both active, start your VPN Connection, leave the Wifi location, and your connection remains up

ex. You have two ISPs: LTE that's fast, but unreliable, and DSL, that's slow, but always on. Start your VPN Connection using both links, it will use LTE while it's up, or until you hit your cap, then failover to DSL as needed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add traffic obfuscation options!

Tools can use pluggable libraries traffic obfuscation which all work using a unified system that disguise traffic to be more resilient against DPI and IP based censorship. Some VPNs offer this already, and it's pretty awesome. The Tor Project maintains the spec, but it doesn't require the traffic to use Tor: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/PluggableTransports

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I need a way to limit the bandwidth the connection allows.

I need a way to limit the amount of bandwidth the vpn uses. I know unlimited is mostly desired but for me, I want to watch the Olympics but http://olympics.cbc.ca/ streams HD to flashplayer at 1.8GB/hour and that will bust my bandwidth allocation in a short amount of time. Neither CBC nor Flashplayer nor VyprVPN has the ability to slow things down.

If I can't limit how much data the video uses I won't be able to watch at all and so I won't need the vpn either :(

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cheaper, with limited country choice (choose 3 country for 5$/mo)

10$ is too much, and i don't need 999 countries

Let us please choose a plan for 5$, that will only be available for 3 country of our choice

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow VyprVPN service to selectively start / start at app start

Crosspost from:
    http://forum.goldenfrog.com/t/vyprvpnservice-exe-constantly-running/1247/8
    "vyprVPNservice.exe constantly running"

Crossposted here at request of Golden Frog.

@keegan

Thanks for the update! I had also noticed this behavior and figured that something like the reasons you enumerated were the cause of it.

Suggestion:
    This is especially important on potentially memory-starved systems where the user may wish to use VyprVPN, but cannot afford to have it running full-time, or on the Android version where memory and processor cycles are very likely to be at a premium:

* Create separate option items for "Start Application and start Service on startup, where "Start Application on startup" would…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support Client Certificates

Please add support for client certificates for VPN authentication. This feature would provide value for many customers.

For users with the option enabled it would replace username / password authentication. Users would need to upload the public key component of their certificate.

I'm using OpenVPN Connect on iOS since VyperVPN does not support the OpenVPN or Chameleon protocols. The lack of client certificates is user-unfriendly. It requires extra password entry and limits the auto-connect feature.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add OpenVPN TCP servers

A lot of large institutes and public wifi hotspots are blocking OpenVPN over UDP protocol.

Could you please add protocol TCP over port 443.

A lot of other VPN providers already provide their customers with the ability to change ports/protocol for OpenVPN.

287 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Roku compatibility

With Roku having so many apps/channels.. Would be a good option

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Whitelist for websites

Have a whitelist for websites where you do not want to route traffic through the VPN, for example if you would like to access a website without using any VPN protocol, but still want to be use a VPN protocol when visiting other websites. Would help a lot, since I would not have to disconnect and reconnect at times.

Best Regards,
    Mauritz N

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. VyprVPN app for QNAP NAS

VyprVPN app for QNAP NAS

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Server Status page in the control panel

Add in the user control panel section "Status Servers" visible only for subscribers VyprVPN, showing the percentage of use of a server (for example France 10% or Russia 80%). The figure close to 0% will be green while that close to 100% will be colored red)
    This will allow users to know if the server service is overloaded and change accordingly to always have the fastest connection VyprVPN.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base