Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

Please tell us your feature request....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Privacy filter on VPN servers

Since blocking ads, trackers. Http referrers, social tracking etc is hard on mobile devices (and cumbersome on desktops) it would be a great add-on for Vypr.
    Let the VPN server do the filtering for me and sell it as an add-on like NAT.
    Small beginnings: use the filters from Adblock Plus.
    Later: Look at Ghostery and similar browser plugins to get inspiration on what to block to prevent tracking.
    Ideally: prevent browser uniqueness tracking (see this article http://panopticlick.eff.org/browser-uniqueness.pdf).

I would suggest a price of 5-10 dollars per month for this add-on. Would also be perfect for the new business…

497 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic DNS service

Vyprvpn could call (via http) a dynamic dns service when a connection is established. This can simply be done by having an http url in the prefs, which Vyprvpn connects to, when a connection is made (and thus a new ip address assigned). Dynamic DNS services all provide a per-user url for updating the clients' ip address.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VyprVPN app automaticly choosing best performance server

Would it be possible to let the application chose automatically the best performance location at each login ?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For failed connection, auto connect to favorites

If a selected VPN site does not connect after a number of seconds, automatically cycle through the favorites to get a connection.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add more protocols in your basic plan. It may help us to compete with your competitors.

add more protocols in your basic plan. It may help you to compete with your competitors.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Spyware/anti-malware filter

Malwares getting more dangerous, some of them can infect your pc with a virus and and take control of it, or maybe lock your pc..who knows

Anti filter on server side would be some nice protection against these threats

Filter could do these things -
    * All data traffic are automatic scanned by vyprvpn for Spyware/malware, & desinfected if any is found.

* All Dangerous websites are Blocked by VyprVPN

* VyprVPN Stops all tracking of you, when visiting websites

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. create a forum

Hello

I would suggest that create you a forum to help users more easily.

Regards David Ouilleres

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. bypass ISP detection by hiding VPN traffic with a SSH tunnel

Hello, as u know, a lot of ISP found a way to lock the traffic speed when we use a VPN and this with any VPN protocol, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN and the last Chameleon.
    I used to Download at 11.5MB/s with L2TP/IPsec AES256 or OpenVPN 256. i had the same speed with or without VPN.
    and one day, paf ! My VPN speed dropped at 2MB/s
    as I still have full speed without VPN.
    So I searched over the internet which way would be strong enough to defeat the DPI packets decryption and unable to detect VPN traffic.
    I read…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Chameleon Technology that is available in Windows, Mac and Android.

Chameleon scrambles OpenVPN packet metadata to ensure it’s not recognizable via deep packet inspection (DPI), while still keeping it fast and lightweight. The Chameleon technology uses the unmodified OpenVPN 256-bit protocol for the underlying data encryption.

The result is that VyprVPN users are able to bypass restrictive networks put in place by governments, corporations and ISPs to achieve an open internet experience without sacrificing the proven security for which OpenVPN has long been known. Experience a truly open and uncensored Internet with Chameleon VPN.

http://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/chameleon

10. Allow passwords longer than 14 characters

Currently you can only open an account using a password of 14 characters maximum. There is no reason for this restriction and it only benefits those who would try and brute force an account.

The password length limit should be raised to something less likely to be broken by a GPU in a few days.

200 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. QNAP NAS VPN Setup Instructions for Giganews Members

I and many other Giganews users are using VyprVPN from our laptops and desktop systems, but I would love to be able to route all inbound and outbound traffic from my home QNAP Turbo-NAS through VyprVPN. There were recently some instructions posted for how to configure Synology NASes with VyprVPN connections (http://www.giganews.com/blog/2013/06/synology-nas-vpn-setup-instructions-for-giganews-members-using-vyprvpn.html), but nothing yet for QNAP NASes. Please post some instructions on how we can get VyprVPN working on QNAP!

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. IPv6 Support and/or 6to4 Gateway

Allow native ipv6 connectivity, and/or tunnel transversal 6to4 4to6

276 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatically connect to the VPN server whenever your phone or computer starts up

Automatically connect to the VPN server whenever your phone or computer starts up

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a global Smart DNS service

Add a DNS service that checks incoming IP of requestor and returns a geolocated IP specified in a webconsole.
    e.g. Request comes from USA for UK website, Webconsole is set to return UK geolocated ip, allowing USA client to connect to UK hosted services as if they were in UK

538 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. socks proxy

Allow users to run a VyprVPN connection as a SOCKS proxy so that I can have certain applications run over the connection and certain applications not. With total VPN only I have to force all my traffic over the VPN.

210 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. give a little more money and rent a server in thailand

Good day, you can even Thailand server try to login? every day as just now I have always problems with Thai server to contact? as they have such a big problem with Thailand server? not even suppert contact goes! thies is dont VPN thies is a big bull shit.

Guten Tag, können Sie mal Thailand server versuchen ein zu loggen? jeden Tag so wie gerade eben habe ich immer probleme mit Thai Server zu kontaktieren? wie so haben sie so ein großes problem mit Thailand server? nicht mal suppert kontaktieren geht! scheiße aber auch

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Update DD-WRT tutorial

Can you update your DD-WRT tutorials (PPTP and OpenVPN) with current versions of the firmware (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) std - build 22118).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Static IP Support

It would be great to have a option for static IP addresses.

220 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. VyprVPN Windows and MAC server ping test

I strongly recommend that PC or MAC VyprVPN need a Function to evaluate the PING of all the servers when it starts.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For the instructions on OPENVPN instructions for iPhone, make sure to specify that the config file is also the cert

For the instructions on OPENVPN instructions for iPhone, make sure to specify that the config file is also the cert file

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base