Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clearly inform customer of automatic monthly renewal

Make it clearer that one will be charged monthly if not cancelled after first month, as you give the impression it is only a one off monthly payment. no-one reads the terms of use..in the small print, was a bit surprised to have money taken of my account a second month

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show how many IP addresses are available per VyprVPN server

Show how many IP addresses are approximately available per server, e.g. in the VyprVPN program ('VyprVPN for Windows' / 'VyprVPN for Mac').

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VyprVPN for Blackberry 10

I have found a converted version of the Android app (1.2.1) and side loaded it, but the app would not even load. It would be great to have a native BB10 version of the app, or even a converted Android version.

Alternately, a VPN can be set up on the device manually. The attached file contains information on the settings available. Unfortunately nothing conforms with manual options for other environments.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jerry

272 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For the instructions on OPENVPN instructions for iPhone, make sure to specify that the config file is also the cert

For the instructions on OPENVPN instructions for iPhone, make sure to specify that the config file is also the cert file

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. start naming the conf files that are available in the openvpn bundle to the location name

Can you please start naming the conf files that are available in the openvpn bundle to the location name, rather than the server name? Its impossible to keep updating my 3rd party VPN client (linux) without having to go back and rename all of them. Plus, when people are wanting to connect, something like at1 is irrelevant and would be much better if it was the actual location name.

Another reason for this. THere is a config for at1.vpn , which the country code for AT is Austria, yet your website doesn't show Austria, it shows Australia.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. custom profile only for specific traffic

I wanted to create a profile that only routes traffic for e.g. Facebook and Twitter automatically over the VPN, leaving all other traffic going over the normal connection.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow passwords longer than 14 characters

Currently you can only open an account using a password of 14 characters maximum. There is no reason for this restriction and it only benefits those who would try and brute force an account.

The password length limit should be raised to something less likely to be broken by a GPU in a few days.

200 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Privacy filter on VPN servers

Since blocking ads, trackers. Http referrers, social tracking etc is hard on mobile devices (and cumbersome on desktops) it would be a great add-on for Vypr.
    Let the VPN server do the filtering for me and sell it as an add-on like NAT.
    Small beginnings: use the filters from Adblock Plus.
    Later: Look at Ghostery and similar browser plugins to get inspiration on what to block to prevent tracking.
    Ideally: prevent browser uniqueness tracking (see this article http://panopticlick.eff.org/browser-uniqueness.pdf).

I would suggest a price of 5-10 dollars per month for this add-on. Would also be perfect for the new business…

521 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. VyprVPN for Chromebook?

Are there any plans for VyprVPN running on Chromebooks?

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Diamond members getting 2 concurrent connections

Allowing diamond members to have up to 2 active VPN connections running concurrently from different devices.

181 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Yet again, South America ignored

No servers in South America, therefore slower speeds. In such a dinamic economic region.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. VyprVPN: Allow OpenVPN as a free option for Giganews customers

OpenVPN is the new standard in secure protocol for any VPN service. It doesn't make sense to charge extra for this service. It should be included in the base price.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Vyprvpn app for Thecus Nas

Vyprvpn app for Thecus Nas.
    For the n5200pro and better.
    This would be great

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Suspend Nat Firewall

I would like the opportunity to temporarily suspend Nat Firewall rather than cancel my subscription every time.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. disconnect all downloads when vyprn disconnects and resume download when vyprn reconnects

disconnect all downloads when vyprn disconnects and resume download when vyprn reconnects

120 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need to test it

Having tried Anonymizer Total Net Shield and finding that it didn't work reliably through my Hughesnet satellite connection, I'm reluctant to spend money on this one just to find out. I wish there was some kind of free trial, even if it was only for a few days.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. VyprVPN POP3 server

The only problem I have using VyprVPN is that my internet provider doesn't allow me sending mails from a different IP then theirs.
    I would love to have a pop3 server which you guys offer.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. VyprVPN: Enable compression on mobile Devices

An option to have compressed transfers could safe traffic volumes on mobile Devices. Maybe offer options to select compression levels.

134 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Raise the speed cap in LA/DC

DC and LA are capped around 2.5MB. It would be nice to see them raised to match TX.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base