Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2048 bit connection SSTP

Would be great if your implement 2048 bit connections SSTP, for a more secure way to protect you against hackers, and ISP´s who always try to break in and inspect the users data.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Two-Factor Authentication for VyprVPN App

As the VPN password is stored by default in the VyprVPN app, it would be very nice to be able to use a two factor authentication in the app to go beyond that process. This could either be done using a standalone application or perhaps through the Google Authentication system. I realize that the password can also be turned off by default but for those of us that are really careful this feature would be a nice add.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connecting from China

As all are aware, connecting from China could and always is a TOUGH TASK and a lot of our time is wasted in searching for the possible connecting country server. Can you add a feature (specially for those in China) to automatically search the available connections and connect thru one of them. Of course you can make this choice as optional.

I am sure it will be a great help for those users who are using this app from China, iOs or android or windows or any other platform.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Per URL VPN

Only websites or IPs in white-list will use VyprVPN service, others will not.

In countries with poor Internet performance like China, sometimes what we only need is bypassing the GFW to reach google, twitter, youtube. So adding google, twitter, youtube will be enough sometimes.

If all Internet access will use the VyprVPN service, for example when I surf a Chinese website www.sina.com.cn, the overhead is painful.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. upnp port forwarding for NAT firewall

Allow UPnP enabled software on the device running VyprVPN to add port forwarding to the VyprVPN NAT firewall to allow incoming connections to the software on the device.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow VyprVPN service to selectively start / start at app start

Crosspost from:
    http://forum.goldenfrog.com/t/vyprvpnservice-exe-constantly-running/1247/8
    "vyprVPNservice.exe constantly running"

Crossposted here at request of Golden Frog.

@keegan

Thanks for the update! I had also noticed this behavior and figured that something like the reasons you enumerated were the cause of it.

Suggestion:
    This is especially important on potentially memory-starved systems where the user may wish to use VyprVPN, but cannot afford to have it running full-time, or on the Android version where memory and processor cycles are very likely to be at a premium:

• Create separate option items for "Start Application and start Service on startup, where "Start Application on startup" would automatically…

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Manual setup for VyprDNS (e.g. Synology NAS)

At the moment, VyprDNS seems to be only available for users of the VyprVPN apps (confirmed by online support team).

In my case my Synology NAS need to connect as a client to VyprVPN (which works fine using the howto), but DNS queries are not resolved over VyprDNS as there seems to be no way to set the VyprDNS server address in /etc/resolv.conf (at least for me it does not get set automatically).

Would be great if we could get the VyprDNS server IP addresses to use for manual setups.

Now I have to use Google DNS servers as using…

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow connection to "fastest server" within a specific region

Please see my forum posting on this same topic located at http://forum.goldenfrog.com/t/connect-to-fastest-server-within-a-specific-region/1057/2

Currently VyprVPN has the capability to connect to the "fastest server", which is an excellent feature.

However, there are times when the "fastest" (closest) server is not the best one for me to use.

Example: I am abroad, (outside the U.S.), and I need to connect to a server within the U.S. - somewhere - though it may not really matter where. (My e-mail clients depends on this to successfully send mail.)

As it is now, I select a particular server, (in my case, NY), and automatically connect…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. QNAP NAS VPN Setup Instructions for Giganews Members

I and many other Giganews users are using VyprVPN from our laptops and desktop systems, but I would love to be able to route all inbound and outbound traffic from my home QNAP Turbo-NAS through VyprVPN. There were recently some instructions posted for how to configure Synology NASes with VyprVPN connections (http://www.giganews.com/blog/2013/06/synology-nas-vpn-setup-instructions-for-giganews-members-using-vyprvpn.html), but nothing yet for QNAP NASes. Please post some instructions on how we can get VyprVPN working on QNAP!

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Delay VPN start to allow for web authentication

For many FREE WiFi sites the initial web connection is redirected to an authentication, advertisement or legal acceptance site. Until this site is accepted Internet access is not enabled.

If VyprVPN initiates a VPN connection before this is completed, there is no Internet access yet and the authentication page access is also disrupted. I have had to disable auto-reconnect and trusted networks to allow time for the authentication step to complete before the VPN connection is allowed to start.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Samsung TV app

With all the new smart tv's out there now, so we could use the different ; Netflix/Amazon etc applications when out of zone.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Whitelist for websites

Have a whitelist for websites where you do not want to route traffic through the VPN, for example if you would like to access a website without using any VPN protocol, but still want to be use a VPN protocol when visiting other websites. Would help a lot, since I would not have to disconnect and reconnect at times.

Best Regards,
    Mauritz N

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Windows 10 Mobile app

I'd really like to see a Windows mobile app for windows mobile 10. Thanks so much!

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In addition to ping test, can you also provide us with speed test results?

Ping test is amazing. However, in addition to how fast the server responds, I would also like to know the different bandwidths available from my location so that I can better choose the server I want.

For example, if I want to play games, I'll choose the best ping. But if I want to stream movies, I'll choose the best download speed.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to view how much data has been transferred per hour, month, day etc.

An ability to view how much data has been transferred per device with a custom timescale.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. block all the nasty invisible trackers

It is so disgusting that trackers are always know what I am surfing or visiting a webpage

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. App data usage.. Firewall to apps etc

Add an option "see data usage" so that user can verify and manage which apps are using internet and add an option to block internet connection to "x" app. Like a firewall.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. VyprVPN on USB stick

I was browsing to search for a VPN solution and Vypr VPN compares well with the competition.

My suggestion, however, would be to add a hardware based solution (such as USB stick with Vypr VPN client and perhaps a browser). This would be a good choice if one ends up needing to use public computer (such as while traveling/hotel/conference rooms etc.) So, the need would be to have the stick, run connection/browser from the stick, remove it when done, no trace behind. I know of one competitor that offers this but they don't appear to match well in other areas.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base