Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. VyprVPN on USB stick

I was browsing to search for a VPN solution and Vypr VPN compares well with the competition.

My suggestion, however, would be to add a hardware based solution (such as USB stick with Vypr VPN client and perhaps a browser). This would be a good choice if one ends up needing to use public computer (such as while traveling/hotel/conference rooms etc.) So, the need would be to have the stick, run connection/browser from the stick, remove it when done, no trace behind. I know of one competitor that offers this but they don't appear to match well in other areas.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open up holes in NAT Firewall

Provide simple web-based GUI to allow us to poke holes in the NAT firewall instead of just an enable/disable option. Simple ACLs, nothing fancy, just allow tcp and/or udp to specific ports. The followup enhancement on the roadmap would be to let us tie those to specifc ranges ... for instance, simple gui that would let us 'allow tcp 443 from 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0' or better still 'allow tcp 443 from 123.123.123.123/255.255.255.255'. Hit us with a 'any settings here are for advanced users only' tickbox to enable the capability, to wash your hands of the support burden for it.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add traffic obfuscation options!

Tools can use pluggable libraries traffic obfuscation which all work using a unified system that disguise traffic to be more resilient against DPI and IP based censorship. Some VPNs offer this already, and it's pretty awesome. The Tor Project maintains the spec, but it doesn't require the traffic to use Tor: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/PluggableTransports

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VyprVPN app for QNAP NAS

VyprVPN app for QNAP NAS

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. VyprVPN App for Chrome OS including Chameleon

Currently, VyprVPN only support L2TP for Chrome OS. However, Chrome OS Store has several VPN clients, and Chrome OS also allows 'force installing' any program, including a VPN using the admin console. It's what their official page says here: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1282338?hl=en

For those living in China, the Chameleon protocol would be much appreciated as it would enable us to make our chromebooks work better.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. VPN chaining

VPN chaining through the servers....allowing users to add an extra level of Anonymity.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show how many IP addresses are available per VyprVPN server

Show how many IP addresses are approximately available per server, e.g. in the VyprVPN program ('VyprVPN for Windows' / 'VyprVPN for Mac').

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add obfsproxy option

Add obfsproxy for vpn block by firewall

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dynamic Switch to fastest Server

Ability to create a List of Servers or countries i want to connect to and always Switch to the fastest available Server. Maybe ability to set the priority to fastest bandwidth or Ping.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Vyprvpn antivirus

I think It would be great if vyprvpn had a safe search feature or antivirus internet protection. This is a feature it is lacking that others have.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dynamic DNS service

Vyprvpn could call (via http) a dynamic dns service when a connection is established. This can simply be done by having an http url in the prefs, which Vyprvpn connects to, when a connection is made (and thus a new ip address assigned). Dynamic DNS services all provide a per-user url for updating the clients' ip address.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. intelligent VPN

Hi, I used to use an intelligent VPN in China, which can recognize which net pages need through VPN, and other net pages remain through native network. This intelligent VPN demonstrates an impressive net speed, and I needn't turn on and off VPN all the time and make my work simpler.
    Besides, I want add another option to give us a choice that whether all application through VPN or only browser use VPN.
    If we can set which application need VPN is the best situation.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bypass VPN for local network activities

I'd love to have the possibility to bypass vpn for printing on a local network printer. I find it very annoying to have to disconnect every time I wan't to print....

Thanks in advance

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Yet again, South America ignored

No servers in South America, therefore slower speeds. In such a dinamic economic region.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Spyware/anti-malware filter

Malwares getting more dangerous, some of them can infect your pc with a virus and and take control of it, or maybe lock your pc..who knows

Anti filter on server side would be some nice protection against these threats

Filter could do these things -
    * All data traffic are automatic scanned by vyprvpn for Spyware/malware, & desinfected if any is found.

• All Dangerous websites are Blocked by VyprVPN

• VyprVPN Stops all tracking of you, when visiting websites

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Server Status page in the control panel

Add in the user control panel section "Status Servers" visible only for subscribers VyprVPN, showing the percentage of use of a server (for example France 10% or Russia 80%). The figure close to 0% will be green while that close to 100% will be colored red)
    This will allow users to know if the server service is overloaded and change accordingly to always have the fastest connection VyprVPN.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Dependent Apps

I would like to have VyprVPN disable/pause/shutdown dependent apps (or their connections) when VyprVPN disconnects. For example, when I am in China and streaming Netflix, I want VyprVPN to disable/pause/shutdown Netflix (or its connections), so that that traffic does not fly outside VyprVPN

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support for Smart TVs

It would be fantastic if your program could be adapted to support smart TVs. The sooner the better. I hope you consider this option.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base