Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide account option for email re plans and billing

I was surprised to learn my plan renewed. The only way I learned was by a credit card alert of a new charge. I would like an option to (1) receive notices of change in plan structure [I never received email re changes announced in Feb 2017] and (2) to receive invoice by email to simplify my expense reporting.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adjustable app window size

For users with modified screen resolutions and magnifications it can be troublesome to interact with the app as the app window is stuck at a specific size / ratio.

It would be nice to have a feature to adjust the window size of the app as needed for modified/magnified displays.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Connection troubleshooting tool, make it democratic!

Let everyone access it from the menu

Currently there is a question that pops up sometimes and ask me if I want to troubleshoot what is going on with my connection.

The problem is... my connection is spotty, I travel and switch networks a bunch, this thing pops up, never finishes all the way through and I cannot get back to it if I start experiencing issues again.

why not make this a standard option on the menu?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Better translations (at least for french)

French translations for OSX and iOS are pretty bad (must be Google Translate or something).

Any way to help improving it?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Application level Support

Add support for OpenWeb for people that do not need to route all their computer traffic through VyprVPN, only web browsing/streaming through (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Server Loading %

Since connecting servers like HK and Singapore with Chameleon will easily be disconnected during peak hours like evening, I have to switch to open-vpn or l2tp, would it be possible for us to know the server loading for each protocol?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. VyprVPN app automaticly choosing best performance server

Would it be possible to let the application chose automatically the best performance location at each login ?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Connection screen

The app should be able to see all active connections without logging onto the website. Users can decide which connection to drop.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable security questions.

To avoid our accounts being stolen by thieves, enable security questions or other security authentication, before changing email address or password, we must pass the security authentication.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support Client Certificates

Please add support for client certificates for VPN authentication. This feature would provide value for many customers.

For users with the option enabled it would replace username / password authentication. Users would need to upload the public key component of their certificate.

I'm using OpenVPN Connect on iOS since VyperVPN does not support the OpenVPN or Chameleon protocols. The lack of client certificates is user-unfriendly. It requires extra password entry and limits the auto-connect feature.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add support for Latin American video streaming services

Services like HBO Go, FOX Play and such, are no longer available

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Taiwan Netflix

Please support Netflix streaming from Taiwan (and more countries, if possible)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Canvas fingerprinting

Will you add block Canvas fingerprinting to VyprVPN?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Virtual US Servers in Europe

I have been using VyprVPN for a while now. I love the service and reliability of the servers. I was just wondering you plan on releasing some virtual US server in Europe. It is great to get US content from here. However, the speed and latency to the East coast is pretty bad. I only ask because I know other companies like HMA do offer Virtual US server here in Europe. I However, those other companies are not as reliable as you guys are.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Embed a Speedtest-esque applet into VyprVPN

Add an applet within the desktop, iOS, Android and other flavors of VyprVPN that acts like a Speedtest but behaves according to your location and the remote server you're connected to. For example, if I connect to a VPN in India but am in the U.S. and I use Ooklas Speedtest.net app, it picks a server based on ping near me in the U.S. However the results from tests where the Speedtest thinks it needs to ping based on your location and not where your IP is gives misleading results that are often very very slow, even if you're on…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The possibility to autoswitch server's?

Greatly Reduced - VyprDNS is at the same location as the VyprVPN server you connect to so you receive the proper online experience for that country.

This got me the idea. This option would be very usefull for geolocation restricted websites.
    For example.

You are abroad in the US. You want to see the news, Or ip restricted ip tv providers streams. You need to select the server in for example NL to be able to watch. But after this u want to see the news in for example EN. Than u need to switch to a UK server manually.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Netgear ReadyNAS

Now that VyprVPN has expanded to QNAP, I'd love to see an application for the Netgear ReadyNAS line follow.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. IPS/IDS services

In addition to the NAT firewall, I would like to see IPS/IDS services running with either Snort or Suricata to provide a truly secure enterprise-class connection.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Different NAT settings for different device

The possibility to activate and deactivate the NAT for each device connected.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base