Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically connect to the VPN server whenever your phone or computer starts up

Automatically connect to the VPN server whenever your phone or computer starts up

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Simple public DNS servers matching your vpn server regions

Add public DNS servers to match you vpn servers in different regions. This would assist lots of customers who don't necessar need encryption or can't add vpn setting to there router uk sky customers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Chromebook

Golden Frog Beta for CHROMEBOOKS please

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show Network Activity by Application

Since VyprVPN "Takes over" the network stream in order to route data from my computer to the VyprVPN server I selected. I was wondering if it would be possible to get some metadata on which port or application is currently uploading or downloading data.

It would be nice to see a list ports and the applications using them below the network activity graph when I expand it. I think this opens the door for better implementation of "Kill Switch" feature. Giving the user the ability to pause, kill, or resume a network stream.

I attached a picture to roughly illustrate…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show the location of the IP address within the "VPN Connection Test" page

Within the page https://www.goldenfrog.com/whatismyipaddress, the IP address and the VPN status are shown.

It would be convenient if the location of the IP address were also shown.

Why?

1. If NOT using VyprVPN, it would show how transparent the connection is.
    2. If you ARE using VyprVPN, it would confirm the endpoint being used. This is especially valuable when using a vpn that is not local to the machine - i.e. a router, etc.

Thanks!

Jim "JR"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add support for Bluestacks (Android Emulator)

Unfortunately the app from Play Store doesn't work entirely and I had problems accessing geoblocked content.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support VOIP service "VOIPo"

Support VOIP service "VOIPo"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add physical servers in the same location as all virtual servers

Sometimes virtual servers simply do not work well, and they are especially slow for a person in the region trying to use them. It would make more sense to label all virtual servers from where they are physically located, and add more servers physically located in different places. (for example, in India)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dark Web Monitoring

My idea is that VyprVPN adds Dark Web Monitoring so you buy VyprVPN or the Dark Web Monitoring add on .it Depends if VyprVPN want to include it in the Price but you login to the Dashboard and Dark Web Monitoring would be the option so you may ask what is Dark Web Monitoring. Dark Web Monitoring If someone has managed to steal your Social Security number or other identifying information, they may try to sell it on the dark web to someone who wants to use it to commit fraud. Dark web monitoring can help you keep your identity…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. HTTP web API to serve list of servers

Have a publicly exposed web HTTP API to serve the list of your servers in a formatted way such as JSON. In the laziest case, you can just serve a static JSON file from your reverse proxy.

This would be similar to https://api.mullvad.net/www/relays/all/ and would ideally serve both OpenVPN and Wireguard server information.

I need this to implement a better server information updating mechanism in my project https://github.com/qdm12/gluetun (with 100,000s of users), since for now it just downloads and extracts one of your OpenVPN zip file from 2020.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Amazon Prime Video France

Please allow VyprVPN to defeat Amazon Prime Video FRANCE's VPN blocking. Currently it identifies connection is through a VPN and ask to disconnect the VPN....

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatic server switching/detecting when visiting websites outside your region

Got this idea to a new feature on the VyprVPN

I live in Denmark, But want to watch movies on hulu
    its a U.S based service, i can't because i dont live in the U.S

So the server(s) automatic switching to a U.S server while maintaining my current connection. When iam succesfully connected to the fastest U.S server based on ping. do my previous connection disconnect without interupting the new one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide the ability to create desktop shortcuts to specific servers

When using VPN as a way to access content that has been restricted based on IP it's a lot of steps to switch form a server in one country to another country. It would be great if we could create shortcut files that could be placed on the desktop or in another directory. This would be a huge boon for users like myself who make use of applications like Autohotkey for customized keyboard shorcuts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. hotspot

Idea is to create hotspot secure wifi point by granting multiple randomized IPs via one connection line by 4G LTE mobile.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Invisible to Internet Provider

In my country data capping is very high we pay high money and don't get to experience our money's worth. It's either it becomes very slow or once you reached the certain Gigabytes you will lose connection to the internet which really really sucks. So being able to become invisible even with the provider will be such a wonderful day and MAGIC to all of us. Achieving this will be bye bye to daily limit which is 0.3GB "IMAGINE THAT?" Additional PAYMENT on TOP OF monthly BILL once you EXCEEDED your DATA PLAN.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Anonymous Email Forwarding

I'd like to be able to have a place in my account where I can generate email addresses and relate them to forwarding addresses. I'd like for this to be completely anonymous to the point that even golden frog doesn't know what email addresses I have or the destination email address.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I want my VOIP calls clear 24 hours.I would suggest VYPRVPN to make a dedicated VPN app with dedicated servers for VOIP calls alone, so tha

I want my VOIP calls clear 24 hours.I would suggest VYPRVPN to make a dedicated VPN app with dedicated servers for VOIP calls alone, so that its bandwidth and latency is not effected due to high bandwidth consuming applications.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include Support for a Local Proxy

This idea was similarly requested in 2013 as http://ideas.goldenfrog.com/forums/171209-golden-frog-ideas/suggestions/3873211-socks-proxy

Many devices do not have a way to share internet connection and buying a new router (which an ISP may not support and may not work with a providers iptv) should not be accepted as a solution.

Allowing the VPN to also act as a local proxy, one could route the other devices through the computer running the vypr app.

Ultimately apps for other devices would be preferred, but this would be a huge step forward in the support of less popular devices. With IoT becoming a larger market, it would…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make Upload and Download bars different colors.

Both are currently Red. Please pick different colors for Upload and Download. Like one is red the other is green.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I need a way to limit the bandwidth the connection allows.

I need a way to limit the amount of bandwidth the vpn uses. I know unlimited is mostly desired but for me, I want to watch the Olympics but http://olympics.cbc.ca/ streams HD to flashplayer at 1.8GB/hour and that will bust my bandwidth allocation in a short amount of time. Neither CBC nor Flashplayer nor VyprVPN has the ability to slow things down.

If I can't limit how much data the video uses I won't be able to watch at all and so I won't need the vpn either :(

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base