Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use 4096 bits public key certificate

As 1024 bits RSA key is becoming weak, we don't exactly know the power of NSA and others intelligence agencies so I suggest to change the keysize to 4096 bits to be sure that no one will be able to factorize the key.

188 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wireguard configuration for travel routers

I would like to see VyprVPN provide a Wireguard configuration (similar to OpenVPN) that can be used on travel routers like the GL.iNet Beryl (GL-MT1300). Using a VPN on a travel router is an excellent way to secure one’s internet connection when traveling, and devices like the Beryl, are popular and already compatible with a wide range of other VPN companies. It would be a very smart move (business wise) to create a Wireguard configuration file for use on travel routers.

188 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Diamond members getting 2 concurrent connections

Allowing diamond members to have up to 2 active VPN connections running concurrently from different devices.

181 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Upgrade the Chameleon protocol to use WireGuard over OpenVPN

According to the article https://support.vyprvpn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038081831-What-is-Chameleon-, the chameleon protocol is based on OpenVPN. Could it be rebased on WireGuard instead to keep it lightweight and use of the faster speed?

172 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. IP cycling

Cycle threw different IP address after certain periods of time

170 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Student Discount

Other VPN providers are reaching out to students from students discount to free subscriptions.

VyprVPN's Chameleon™ technology lets students across the world access the internet without limits and if they were to possibly get it for free or at a discounted price the better students would be prepared for school.

154 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Apple TV 4th. Generation Support

Request for developing an Apple TV 4th. Generation application which is made available through the tvOS app store.

151 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wireguard

Please add Wireguard protocol.

https://www.wireguard.com/

145 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. VyprVPN: Enable compression on mobile Devices

An option to have compressed transfers could safe traffic volumes on mobile Devices. Maybe offer options to select compression levels.

134 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Control NAT Firewall with rules like a router (opening port at the minimum)

Control NAT Firewall option with rules like a router(opening port at the minimum)

134 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ad blocking

Please consider an optional ad blocking feature in Vypervpn. Very useful on ipads and iphones, which lack a good app for that.

129 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Split tunnel VPN traffic on a per-app basis

I want to be able to send just certain applications through the VPN.

How it works:
    Set the VPN monitor applications to "send traffic through secure launch"

In the VPN monitor software, you simply add an application you want to send through the VPN tunnel, connect to the VPN service, and click "Start" on that particular application.

That way, you can go about your normal applications at the same time you use the VPN tunnel for important services.

I suppose the DNS leakage is a challenge for developers, but this is a super-handy tool that made me stick to that…

124 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. disconnect all downloads when vyprn disconnects and resume download when vyprn reconnects

disconnect all downloads when vyprn disconnects and resume download when vyprn reconnects

120 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Perfect Forward Secrecy

From my understanding VyprVPN does not have Perfect Forward Secrecy in it's OpenVPN or Chameleon encryptions. That is now a must.

116 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 116 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great News! We just added automatic and manual port selection to the VyprVPN Windows app. Mac is very close to being completed and will enter Beta in the next week or so.

https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/changelog/windows

- Chameleon and OpenVPN automatic port selection randomly scans for open ports to defeat intentional port blocking or throttling
    - Chameleon and OpenVPN manual port selection allows you to choose the port

16. Please create a XBMC/KODI add on

I am running XBMC/KODI on a Fire TV and Windows but can't stream content from the USA as it is blocked by my IP.

Can you please provide an add-on for XBMC/KODI? I have seen another VPN provider do this (won't provide link here out of respect). I know I could set this up at the router level, but I don't want to do this for all traffic, just my Fire TV and am unable to do this with my router as far as I can see (RT-AC68U).

Ideally, this would start the VPN whenever I launched KODI, but I…

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Higher levels of anonymity while under VPN

While using the VPN services it is still possible to detect the hardware in use while connected to the VPN, as well as the browser selected. I would like to see that this content is also hidden while under VPN protection.

92 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Premier to 5 Simultaneous Connections

Currently, vyprvpn premier can only connect up to 3 devices only.
    Please add 2 more so that it would be 5 devices in total.

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. shorten connect/disconnect time for VPN connection on all platforms,

it will be great to disconnect VPn connection quickly, rather than to have to wait a long time for it to disconnect, and shorten the connecting time also

87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. add michigan lansing server

add michigan severs

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base