Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to define exceptions

I'd love to be able to define exceptions for vyprVPN. I have local VM running on different IPs and the VPN is causing them to malfunction.

A gui to define exceptions would be awesome,

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. switch servers automatically

The application can switch servers automatically. not manually only. your Products will more user .

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically connect to preferred server on startup

I think it would be better if there is an option in the settings where users can select which country they want to connect automatically on startup as opposed to automatically connecting to the last server the user connected to.

Use case: Non-U.S. users may occasionally want to stream U.S. Netflix but prefer to be connected to their respective country server most of the time.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RDP & file sharing over VPN

I think a great new feature you could add would be a direct connection function to allow some sort of remote connection (RDP, VNC, filesharing,etc.) between two devices running the VyprVPN client.

This would eliminate the need to open ports on a router to allow this type of connection and remove the need for a separate remote connection service like Teamviewer. The connection would also be secured via the VPN tunnel

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Longer DHCP Lease - VPN Private Network Address

The idea here is to offer extended DHCP lease times for the VPN private network, 10.x.x.x, such that when the VPN auto-reconnects the same IP address will be reassigned and my P2P client will restore traffic.

Now my P2P, stops traffic when the VPN fails, but when the AIO reconnects a new 10.x.x.x address is assigned so I need to restart the P2P client in order for it to find the new IP and direct traffic there. This results in lost traffic time and too much human intervention.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. VyprVPN profiles

I often switch between different protocols and server locations depending on what it is I am doing.

It would be nice if I could save 'favourite' configurations which I could quickly switch between from a menu option, or similar to how your favourite servers selection works.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. better auto renew policy?

I dislike 'auto renew' billing after a year as this is ALWAYS more expensive than online deals that you can get with one mouse click. Currently you can get Vypr basic for $45 a year on a three month free deal but auto renew is $60. Why not offer the 'option' of 'renew on best deal available' on account settings - by the way not having an easy to find link on accounts to cancel auto renew is annoying. I think it would be good business, more renewals, if you offered existing loyal customers the same cheap deal as new…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to disconnect VyprVPN connections using Desktop/Mobile apps

Since we cannot connect with multiple devices, add in VyprVPN application the ability to disconnect with other devices.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. bypass ISP detection by hiding VPN traffic with a SSH tunnel

Hello, as u know, a lot of ISP found a way to lock the traffic speed when we use a VPN and this with any VPN protocol, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN and the last Chameleon.
    I used to Download at 11.5MB/s with L2TP/IPsec AES256 or OpenVPN 256. i had the same speed with or without VPN.
    and one day, paf ! My VPN speed dropped at 2MB/s
    as I still have full speed without VPN.
    So I searched over the internet which way would be strong enough to defeat the DPI packets decryption and unable to detect VPN traffic.
    I read…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Chameleon Technology that is available in Windows, Mac and Android.

Chameleon scrambles OpenVPN packet metadata to ensure it’s not recognizable via deep packet inspection (DPI), while still keeping it fast and lightweight. The Chameleon technology uses the unmodified OpenVPN 256-bit protocol for the underlying data encryption.

The result is that VyprVPN users are able to bypass restrictive networks put in place by governments, corporations and ISPs to achieve an open internet experience without sacrificing the proven security for which OpenVPN has long been known. Experience a truly open and uncensored Internet with Chameleon VPN.

http://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/chameleon

10. AES128 encryption

Would be great if you could add AES128 encryption to your protocols in the VyprVPN app. At the moment, AES128 is preferred, because it provides good security, is really fast, and seems to be more resistant to timing attacks - in contrast to AES256.
    If you don't like to add this feature could you please tell me the keywords why not? I am convinced of this protocol besides your other protocols...

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How To Get VyprVPN And OpenVPN Working On Chrome OS

Chrome OS allows you to add OpenVPN connections, but attempting to add an entry for VyprVPN using the instructions or settings for other operating systems compatible with OpenVPN results in Chrome OS either not connecting to VyprVPN, or appearing connected but unable to resolve DNS queries or access websites (IP addresses). Chrome OS is probably negotiated with the server, but may not be effectively communicating due to an issue with LZO compression not being enabled when adding a private network entry to Chrome OS via the GUI.

These instructions will get you set up for functional usage through another method.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to be able to exclude VPN locations from the fastest connection option.

I would like to ability to exclude locations from the connect to the fastest VPN option. For instance I am in Australia and when I use the service I do not want to connect to a server in Australia

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Offer a family plan that allows multiple personal users in a single household

This would allow all people in a family to be protected.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Servers that focus on response time over bandwidth

I use VPNs mainly for work, and on the weekend, gaming. In both cases, the very lowest response time is all I am after. I couldn't care less about the amount of bandwidth available. So a server/service that aims for the very best international routing + not used for high-bandwidth applications + whatever else can be done to improve response times.

Example: I work in Asia but the servers are all based in EU. The routing is pretty crappy at times, and I usually average about 280ms response times. I have very briefly hit 150ms at times, but it never…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increased Levels of Encryption

Explore greater levels of encryption on all of your protocols 512, 1024 or even greater if possible. With agencies like the NSA as well as other Governments trying to snoop on everything. The ability to choose an encryption level you are comfortable with and still allows you good connection speeds.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. VyprVPN POP3 server

The only problem I have using VyprVPN is that my internet provider doesn't allow me sending mails from a different IP then theirs.
    I would love to have a pop3 server which you guys offer.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow custom DNS entries aka /etc/hosts

It would be great to be able to add custom DNS entries, as one can do on a desktop machine with /etc/hosts.
    This would allow to reroute and block certain adware/malware site/hosts for good.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow port 80 as a vpn port option.

It’s similar to port 443 and still cannot be banned, please consider adding it.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Require Confirmation Email for Account Details Change

I consider the process of contacting customer support to report that an account has been "stolen" too cumbersome. Why not set up the system so that when any account details are changed, a confirmation link will be sent to the registered email address. A user will then have to click on the confirmation link for the new account details to be effected.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add OpenVPN for GigaNews customers

The options currently included, PPTP/IPsec and L2TP, are outdated, vulnerable to several attacks an inefficient.
    Please add OpenVPN for GigaNews customers.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base