Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add OpenVPN for GigaNews customers

The options currently included, PPTP/IPsec and L2TP, are outdated, vulnerable to several attacks an inefficient.
    Please add OpenVPN for GigaNews customers.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Suspend Nat Firewall

I would like the opportunity to temporarily suspend Nat Firewall rather than cancel my subscription every time.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow VNC (Remote Desktop) connections

Please officially add VNC (remote desktop) support for VyprVPN - it's sad that currently we have to use workaround by logging in to control panel and manually disconnect from VPN in order to connect via remote desktop, since currently all VNC requests are refused.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add fake browserversion & fake operating system

Hello all,
    if I visit for example www.wieistmeineip.de than I can see my VYPRVPN IP adress and my VYPRVPN coutry. But I see my real operating system and my real using browser. Now my idea is to implement in the VYPRVPN client some options to simulate another operating system and browser. That is possible for all browsers. For example I post you the link who you can do that on firefox:

http://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/hack-your-firefox-user-agent-spoof-your-os-and-browser-0131294/

The only thing what is to do ... manipulate the config file (I say it again: "that is possible in all browsers").

I hope that this idea could…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Multi-Link VPN Aggregation

Use http://www.mlvpn.fr/ to provide Bonding/Aggregation across links.

ex. LTE and Wifi are both active, start your VPN Connection, leave the Wifi location, and your connection remains up

ex. You have two ISPs: LTE that's fast, but unreliable, and DSL, that's slow, but always on. Start your VPN Connection using both links, it will use LTE while it's up, or until you hit your cap, then failover to DSL as needed.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shadowsocks

Hi.

Due to a surge of clients from China, I think it's more efficient for users there to implement a filtering feature (URL or IP based) much like in Shadowsocks. Per app based connection is good (on Android only) but if for example my browser (Android & PC) is connected to the VPN which is located outside China, it would be very slow to access local Chinese sites.

Thank you.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a Proxy Server

Add a Proxy Server so other mobile devices on the same network can be manually setup to use the VPN. Some Chinese brand phones dropped VPN settings from their menu, and it's hard to set them up to use VPN.

Also this way it's possible to let others download VPN software after they first arrive in China.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Zero encryption settings for VPN Protocols

When privacy is not needed and the overhead is undesirable this would be a great option. This would be a great option to avoid location based blocking for sites delivering streaming content. It would also be useful for sites that provide encryption, but are blocked by location. This would keep traffic from being double encrypted.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support Polish language

Support Polish language.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Block Mobile Pop-up Sites

On mobile devices we often tend to run into malicious pop-up sites that claim our phone (or tablet) has been infected. Obviously these are all phony scammers trying to make a quick buck so the simple solution is to leave the site, BUT many of them (especially on iOS) have found a way to prevent you from closing out without resetting the browser. This is really annoying and i'm sure if it was an easy fix someone would have done it already but i have faith in the Golden Frog team to possibly find a solution to this disease. Thank…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto Switch Server If Falling Below A Certain Speed

So let's say your current server connection is downloading at 200 Kbps and you want 500 Kbps or more, by having this feature, Vypr will automatically disconnect from the current server and connect to the fastest server available so that you can try and get faster speeds comparable to the desired minimum of 500 Kbps you wanted in this example. The minimum desired speed should be changeable by the user.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the connection process faster

Please have a check a VPN provider called *** VPN they can active VPN instantly, which VyprVPN need 3-5 seconds. Please have a check why they connect that fast. I hope VyprVPN can do the same thing.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For the instructions on OPENVPN instructions for iPhone, make sure to specify that the config file is also the cert

For the instructions on OPENVPN instructions for iPhone, make sure to specify that the config file is also the cert file

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Re-Connect every 5 minutes

A option for re-connecting to the VPN every 5-10minutes would be nice to keep your IP Address refreshing and thus harder for hackers to keepup with your current ip address

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automatic vpn connection when not connected to a trusted network

Being able to add trusted networks so that when i'm using an unknown WiFi connection a vpn is automatically set up

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is currently possible on the Android, Mac, and Windows apps. You can add Trusted networks to a list in the Settings/Preferences menu and enable the option to connect on Untrusted networks, which would be any network not on the Trusted list.

16. Color code toolbar logo

A simple thing that would make your service easier to use

1. When connected, make your toolbar logo color green = safe

2. When disconnected from VPN, make it color red = unprotected

This instantly vivible and no clicks or other actions are required.

I did this elswhere and it was a great success. Try it, it works!

Lee

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. connection notification

Occasionally, while using my VPN on my router and/or on my NAS, it will disconnect without informing me. Whilst I do have it set to 'reconnect automatically' sometimes it just connection issues and won't.

It'd be great if there was someway we could subscribe to get a notification, like an email, anytime the VPN disconnected.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fast connection bonding

It would be superb, if VyprVPN would also include bonding of several internet connections into one super fast VyprVPN line. We do have one or more cable internet connections, LTE, 3g on cell phones... why not have a service that is bonding all available connections of a single user to form a super fast, reliant and at the same time Vyper secure connection to the internet..? Some VPN provider already offer such a service.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Network Activity Monitor

What is accessing the Internet?

We often don't know what processes are requesting internet access. If you could add information that would let us know what programs and processes are accessing the Internet, that would be fantastic!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ddos protected VPN for gaming console

This VPN is brilliant its just ashame it dont support consoles with ddos protected VPN because we have alot of issues with power hungry basement kids on here and its very hard to find a good VPN let alone a ddos protected one for xbox.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base