Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UDP port 53

Hi good day! Im suggesting to add udp port 53 on your protocol, it is very useful for us :) thanks

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Per day VyprVPN plan

It would be better to have a cheaper VPN service that I can use for a day or two each time --- generally I only need VPN occasionally so price is excessive for something I use rarely

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. VyprVPN Windows and MAC server ping test

I strongly recommend that PC or MAC VyprVPN need a Function to evaluate the PING of all the servers when it starts.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatically hops servers randomly to provide better ability to prevent tracking

Once you choose the closest and fastest server that you want to connect to VyprVPN then randomly hops through its server server locations to provide better ability to prevent tracking while maintaining connections to service such as Facebook, other social media site and websites that keep connection logs. It would also be helpful to provide more worldwide server locations to allow this feature to maintain good connection speeds and quality.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Control of allocated IP addresses

It would be useful to have some control over the IP addresses allocated when you connect to a VPN server, This could be done in the client software or in the Control Panel. Then if am allocated an address that is blacklisted or identified as "abroad" I can prevent this address from being allocated again.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatically find protocol that is not blocked.

I would like to use VyprVPN on WiFi hot-spots without having to try different protocols until one allows secure internet access.

Often, on WiFi hot-spots, some protocols do not allow internet traffic while connected, but others do. I want to do less configuration to find the protocol that works for that network.

The feature would be an option to automatically, from most secure protocol to least secure protocol, find which protocol allows network traffic (i.e. is not "blocked").

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Paysafecard as a payment method

Would be nice to have Paysafecard as a Payment method, since this would allow people that either do not want to use a credit card or do not have a credit card the option to still pay for a great VPN service.

Best Regards,
    Mauritz N

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add support for DAZN streaming service

Help to get Dazn streaming working. Seems lot of vpn struggle which a simple search shows. So a chance to shine

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Netflix streaming

Please add possibilities to stream Netflix from different countries, i.e. from Taiwan

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. White list for local networks

While it is great to have the option to allow local traffic when the VPN is connected, often locations have printers and file servers on other VLANs/Networks and it would be nice to have the ability to allow traffic to those local networks based on a whitelist the app uses that could be selected by a startup command line switch to point to the whitelist to be used making it site specific. Like VyprVPN.exe -s WL-Home.txt or VyprVPN.exe -s WL-Work.txt

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The host used to be post messages should be either an IP located in Japan, or an international IP which can be reversed DNS to the host name

One of my main purpose to use VPN services is to post messages to 2ch.net. However, recently 2ch.net changed their policies that the host used to be post messages should be either an IP located in Japan, or an international IP which can be reversed DNS to the host name. Unfortunately, none of the Vypr VPN hosts can be reversed DNS, and the jp1.vpn.goldenfrog.com is still treated as an IP address outside of Japan. So I have to switch to other VPN services which can help me to post message to 2ch.net.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Secure Browser

Hey Guys,

please develop a secure browser which makes it nearly impossible to track the internet user. That would be really great!!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integrate DNSSEC in VyprDNS

Is there a possibility to integrate DNSSEC in VyprDNS without weaken the security ?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Greater control over IP/Location

Greater control over IP/Location. One useful feature HMA had was you could always choose ie London 1, or London 2 to get similar IP addresses.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. VyprVPN application for game consoles

Imagine Vyprvpn as the first service provider for Gaming Platforms like Xbox and Sony!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Usage-based Billing

I'd like a way to have my VPN service always on, always ready, but only billed in months I use. For infrequent users, the processes of subscribing and unsubscribing for each time I need the service adds inconvenience, and sometimes I just don't bother because of the extra inconvenience.

Why not offer a plan that costs $X/month during months when I use it, and $0/month during idle months. That's something I would buy.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Small Notification App for Connection Status

I have VyprVPN connected on the router, which works great. However it would be good to have a small notification app you could install on the desktop to tell you your connection status, similar to the IP status shown on the top of the goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn website. This way the user can tell if the router gets disconnected. The existing client apps do not recognise that they are being connected through the router.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 128-bit Chameleon Protocol (443)

Chameleon is great in China, when I have a reliable internet connection. Unfortunately, since my job requires me to be on the move a lot, connecting to anything other then PPTP just doesn't happen with the Shotty WiFi of most hotels.

Furthermore, when not traveling for work, I use VyprVPN Router @ home, and since I am still in China the scrambling of metadata does wonders for my browsing, however, I'm a gamer and the increased overhead of 256-bit encryption hurts my multiplier experience.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatic Connection if WIFI isn't secured.

It would be great if you connect to a WIFI which isn't encrypted that VyprVPN connects automatically (if you setted up this feature in the Settings) to a VPN.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide account option for email re plans and billing

I was surprised to learn my plan renewed. The only way I learned was by a credit card alert of a new charge. I would like an option to (1) receive notices of change in plan structure [I never received email re changes announced in Feb 2017] and (2) to receive invoice by email to simplify my expense reporting.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base