Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add VyprVPN Router App for Asuswrt-Merlin

The Asuswrt-Merlin firmware developed by for RMerlin for ASUS routers has become incredibly popular and is much easier for the average user to install and configure than Tomato or DD-WRT because from a user standpoint the only difference between it and the stock firmware from ASUS is additional settings.

ASUS has also recently released the RT-AC86U and GT-AC5300 routers which are capable of faster VPN speeds than most any other current consumer router due to the CPU supporting AES-NI, which is an instruction that accelerates VPN encryption speeds. Users are hitting north of 250 Mbps through OpenVPN on the RT-AC86U…

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make VyprVPN Router working again with latest Shibby version (140+)

Actually VyprVPN Router app works only up to version 132 (Release Date is October 2015). It is not working with latest Shibby version anymore.

Although it is a well-known issue there was no progress about 1 year:
    https://forum.goldenfrog.com/t/tomato-app-version-combination/2672

Due many (security) fixes by Shibby the VyprVPN should also support the latest Shibby version again and the support should not stop at version 132.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Whitelist for Service / IP Range / Domain to bypass VPN

Example: You have a Smart TV / Phone and want to protect your device using VPN, but some apps are using a VPN blocker (e.g. Netflix).

Instead of bypass VPN for given device it would be better to bypass the specific service (e.g. Netflix) by either Service / IP Range or domain.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ASUSWRT/VyprVPN Integration

The ASUSWRT Software is very well set up for managing an ASUS router. It would be great to be able to have the features from the VyprVPN app accessible through the ASUSWRT UI so that both can be used to a very powerful network set up.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gargoyle support

VYPRVPN provide support for OPENWRT firmware running on many routers.
    It will be nice to extend this support to the Gargoyle firmware (a front-end of OPENWRT).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OpenVPN

It seems that the tomato shabby version of vyprvpn always connects the openvpn connections through the vyprvpn service. I'd like to see a way to stop that behavior, as I like to connect to my office with an openvpn connection using my router as an openvpn client. But when I enable the vypervpn, it's causing it to endpoint through vyprvpn and not my local ip address.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notification when connect or disconnect happens

Would like to see an email notification when:
    You are disconnected
    You are connected

For both notifications it should list what server you were connected to and what protocol.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. VyprVPN Router App - The app should automatically connect the default VPN server at router startup and not rely on the user to do it

VyprVPN Router App - The app should automatically connect the default VPN server at router startup and not rely on the user to do. So if there is a power problem the router will restart and the VPN service with start automatically..

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Kill switch in the router version of the app

The router version of the app currently does not have a kill switch

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use the “Require VPN” setting in the Per Device settings to require a device to use the VPN. It effectively works as a kill switch for the Router App in that the device will cease using the internet until a VPN connection is reestablished.

10. Use TCP for Vyprvpn on tomato router app

I am using MPTCP system and UDP is not concerned, so I am limited to the maximum bandwith of one line (4.5 Mbps)..
    I am used to connect to Vyprvpn using the app on a tomato routeur and find it really fine..
    I hope the Vyprvpn OpenVPN over TCP implementation will be available soon to take full advantage of Vyprvpn on my network.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. VyprVPN router AdvancedTomato

Support for AdvancedTomato. Such a nice router interface, it would be great to see VyprVPN support it also.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. App for ASUS merlin-wrt firmware

please build an applet for asus-wrt firmware by merlin

the other providers have it
    take a look at

http://wiki.astrill.com/index.php/Astrill_Setup_Manual:Getting_started_with_ASUS_Merlin_firmware_for_routers

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. VyprVPN Router App for Asus Routers

Please include support for Merlin firmware, a lot of asus routers out there running Merlin.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability for VyprVPN control panel to inherit hostname from router

All my devices MAC addresses have specific IP addresses (static IP) assigned to them using the "Static DHCP/ARP/IPT" section under "Basic"

Under the menu VyprVPN --> Per Device VPN you have a list of connected devices. Some of the device hostnames are not found.

All of my connected devices have hostnames assigned under the menu Basic --> Static DHCP/ARP/IPT.

It would be great if manually entered hostnames could be inherited from the Basic --> Static DHCP/ARP/IPT section to the VyprVPN --> Per Device VPN hostname section.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. VyprVPN support for PFSense

Please provide support for VyprVPN OpenVPN with PFSense.

203 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. vyprDNS support for dd-wrt configured routers

Hi, I would love to see vyprDNS available to dd-wrt configured routers!!

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Host VyprVPN Router App Install Script on Github - Blocked in China

Hi,

Would like to suggest that the VyprVPN Router App Install Script be hosted on Github or somewhere other than the goldenfrog.com servers.

As you know the goldenfrog.com servers are blocked in China (if they are not yet they will be) - this makes installing the VyprVPN Router App impossible without manually moving the script somewhere unblocked.

The command I am referring to is:

eval `wget -q -O - http://www.goldenfrog.com/downloads/vyprvpn/router/app/tomato/arm/install.sh`

Peace

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Request L2TP Routers support

I need L2TP routers support because it is important than pptp

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Chameleon for DD-WRT routers

Please consider adding this option in the next iteration

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Options for TCP and smaller MTU settings for Chameleon and OpenVPN in VyprVPN Router App.

When manually tuning openvpn, I found that long haul links require a bit of tuning to get the optimal performance.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base