Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. vyprDNS support for dd-wrt configured routers

Hi, I would love to see vyprDNS available to dd-wrt configured routers!!

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do you have plans for supporting OpenVPN Mikrotik routers?

Do you have any plans for supporting OpenVPN on Mikrotik routers?
    It seems like some more certificates is needed for support at the moment.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VyprVPN Router App - Local or non Google Fonts - China

Hi,

I am currently Testing the VyprVPN Router App on Tomato in China.

Its working really well.

The only problem I have is that Google Services are blocked in China, when the Vypr Interface opens while VPN is disconnected it takes forever to try to load some fonts from fonts.googleapis.com

I would suggest hosting those on the router with the app itself or loading from Github or something that is not blocked.

Let me know if you need more info

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More router compatibility...

I think it has been said already.... Maybe you can some newer models added to the router vpn list. Some of the routers listed are older models that either are not being made or support is not being offered from the manufacturer.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Control router from VyprVPN Phone App

It would be great if the VyprVPN Android/iPhone app could control the VyprVPN Router's connection from the app. This would make interacting with the Router configuration much easier, and wouldn't require users log into the Router's admin interface to simply toggle the connection/server choices.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notification when connect or disconnect happens

Would like to see an email notification when:
    You are disconnected
    You are connected

For both notifications it should list what server you were connected to and what protocol.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. VyprVPN Router easy interface for DD-WRT

hi,

i would like to see vyper having a simple way choosing server on ddwrt router, with other words it should be as easy as using the application on windows. by the way other provider having this already(overplay, torguard) it will be the best service you can offer to stop making fault in changing server.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide OpenVPN client packages for self configuration please.

Provide a client config package so you can configure your own OpenVPN client - useful for non-supported clients such as PFsense that you need to have the client key for.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ASUSWRT/VyprVPN Integration

The ASUSWRT Software is very well set up for managing an ASUS router. It would be great to be able to have the features from the VyprVPN app accessible through the ASUSWRT UI so that both can be used to a very powerful network set up.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Choose server location per device

Currently,with the tomato router we can just define, if or if not a device should use the vpn. I would appreciate to be able, to define the connection per device. This would enable me, to use a connection with a US Server for my TV, but for my internet connection I would use a faster server from Europe.
    regards.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support for Tomato Shibby's > 1.32

Per device VPN doesn't work since the MultiWan Feature was released.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Auto select Fastest Server

Auto select Fastest Server vs. manually selection individual Server

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Request L2TP Routers support

I need L2TP routers support because it is important than pptp

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Fastest Server option to Router app

Just like how in the mobile app you can select the 'Fastest Server' option I would like to see this feature added to the Router App. This combined with the scripts to auto-connect at startup / auto-reconnect would enable the routers to be incredibly useful in countries with strict internet filters.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Site-to-site filtering for VPN tunneling or bypass

I would like to suggest a Site-to-site filtering to choose between usage of VPN tunneling or bypassing VPN.
    The problem in China is that there is censorship based on DNS/IP address. The router app allow us to tell if a device should use all its traffic through VPN or not. Another layer would be interesting to improve that.
    I think maybe some more "techy"-people got a similar idea (last time I did this kind of thing was with an "iptable" command, 15years ago) but I cannot formulate it in a better way since I don't know much about Tomato firmware.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Router App - Upon disconnect attempt different location

For the router app, the ability that should the endpoint location be unable to connect after x retries, have a list of other endpoint locations to try

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Multiple Devices Supported at once on your VPN network

Hello, I really like your website and the VPN product advertised on your site. It looks great and I love you own your own servers. Unfortunately I am looking for something with multiple device support at once, like DD-WRT though a router. I see you only have that for one device at a time. An whole home VPN service with a yearly discount would be nice. I hope that might be in the works in the near future?
    Thank You!

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. VyprVPN Router IP Address Reset

Would like to have a feature to assign a new IP once every hour, 6 hours, 12 hour and 24 hour, etc.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Per-App functionality for VyprVPN Router App

I installed VyprVPN router app, but I use VPN only for some applications,.e.g. youtube, netflix, amazon instant video; So I expect VyprVPN router app could support VPN connection for a list of applications like youtube/netflix/hulu..., but direct ISP connections for most other applications, so that I need not turn on and off the VPN.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base