Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Virtual VyprVPN Router App

It would be great to be able to create a virtual VPN router app that can be added to things such as ESXI, Virtual box etc.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Block device from accessing local LAN

I like the client apps that allow you to specify whether they are able to access the local LAN. Can that be done per device in the router app? I would like to isolate some of my IoT devices so they can get to internet but NOT connect to any of my internal devices behind the firewall...

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Chameleon from online Control Panel

We have VyperVPN configured from our router. This means that we are missing out on the advanced features of the application. Please allow us to implement these features through the online Control Panel. You guys are amazing!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Per-App functionality for VyprVPN Router App

I installed VyprVPN router app, but I use VPN only for some applications,.e.g. youtube, netflix, amazon instant video; So I expect VyprVPN router app could support VPN connection for a list of applications like youtube/netflix/hulu..., but direct ISP connections for most other applications, so that I need not turn on and off the VPN.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve DD-WRT router re-connect

Please consider providing a more elegant solution for the DD-WRT router service access drops. The current solution is to re-boot the router 2-3 times per day. I was told that Vypr VPN does not offer dedicated server access and therefore service drops such as this are expected. While the app can automatically re-connect, the DD-WRT router requires a reboot, a process which is more onerous and time consuming.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Router App - Silently Move Connection to server with lowest ping

The ability to automatically and silently(no disconnects) migrate vpn connection to a server location with a lower ping if the current one reaches a threshold.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Router app backup and restore

I have, unfortunately, had to reinstall the app and firmware a few times. The hardest part is when I have to reconfigure all of the devices under the Per Device VPN, i.e. adding known names and specific privileges using previous screenshots because resetting the router wipes it all out. A handy upgrade for the app would be to backup and restore these settings that are separate from the router configuration.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow alternate DNS on Tomato App

The ideal solution would be for VyprVPN to provide smart DNS services along with its VPN service. But if that can't be done, allowing users to set the servers of a smart DNS provider on the Tomato App would help a lot.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. IPsec/IKEv2 on OpenWRT as an alternative to Wireguard

Wireguard is not yet fully developed in contrast to IPsec/IKEv2 and both variants bring more speed on routers than with OpenVPN.

What is required from the implementation?

1. an RSA public key or new certificates are necessary.
    2. the VyprVPN server must allow a VTI (Virtual Tunnel Interface) to be able to configure a KillSwitch on OpenWRT.

In the OpenWRT forum there are enough examples how to configure IPsec/IKEv2.

As you can see, not much is necessary for the implementation. Please vote.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OpenVPN

It seems that the tomato shabby version of vyprvpn always connects the openvpn connections through the vyprvpn service. I'd like to see a way to stop that behavior, as I like to connect to my office with an openvpn connection using my router as an openvpn client. But when I enable the vypervpn, it's causing it to endpoint through vyprvpn and not my local ip address.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Manual Port Selection Router App

Please add the ability to manually select a port using the router app.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On Demand for unsecured Wi-Fi only

If possible, please port this desktop option over. I would love for On Demand to only connect on unsecured Wi-Fi networks, since cellular data and WPA2 protected Wi-Fi networks are usually safe enough to go without VPN.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Kill switch in the router version of the app

The router version of the app currently does not have a kill switch

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use the “Require VPN” setting in the Per Device settings to require a device to use the VPN. It effectively works as a kill switch for the Router App in that the device will cease using the internet until a VPN connection is reestablished.

15. Host VyprVPN Router App Install Script on Github - Blocked in China

Hi,

Would like to suggest that the VyprVPN Router App Install Script be hosted on Github or somewhere other than the goldenfrog.com servers.

As you know the goldenfrog.com servers are blocked in China (if they are not yet they will be) - this makes installing the VyprVPN Router App impossible without manually moving the script somewhere unblocked.

The command I am referring to is:

eval wget -q -O - http://www.goldenfrog.com/downloads/vyprvpn/router/app/tomato/arm/install.sh

Peace

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Gargoyle support

VYPRVPN provide support for OPENWRT firmware running on many routers.
    It will be nice to extend this support to the Gargoyle firmware (a front-end of OPENWRT).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. IKEv2 on Mikrotik Router OS

I thinks if GoldenFrog Team develop on VPN in Mikrotik Routers it could be game change for industry in VPN options.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. individual (separate) ssid to bypass vpn

hi
    please add an option VyprVPN router app to add a separate ssid to bypass the vpn and connects to the internet directly>
    just like per device vpn
    but this time something like per ssid vpn (virtual wlans)

keep it in mind that you need to to this for both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz

thanks

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Configuration to force a device to only use VPN except for specific ports

Currently, you can set devices to bypass the VPN, or prefer the VPN, or force only through VPN. A configuration option to force a specific device through the VPN except for specific ports would be extremely useful.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Port Filtering on VyprVPN Router App

Port filtering feature to select the ports of a device that will access the VPN and those that will not.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base