Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. VPN from Cisco Hardware

It would be really useful to be able to connect to VPN servers using commercial routers and firewalls such as Cisco, Check Point and Juniper etc. IPSec for example follows known standards so shouldn't be too hard to implement

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Configuration to force a device to only use VPN except for specific ports

Currently, you can set devices to bypass the VPN, or prefer the VPN, or force only through VPN. A configuration option to force a specific device through the VPN except for specific ports would be extremely useful.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. E-Mail Alters for VPN Status Changes Connected Disconnected Etc

E-Mail Alerts for VPN Status Changes Connected Disconnected Etc. I currently have mine set to reconnect the max 20 times but still end up not connected. I have no idea when I'm connected or not without having to manually check the status. It would be nice if I could simply get an e-mail saying that your router is not connected to VyprVPN.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use TCP for Vyprvpn on tomato router app

I am using MPTCP system and UDP is not concerned, so I am limited to the maximum bandwith of one line (4.5 Mbps)..
    I am used to connect to Vyprvpn using the app on a tomato routeur and find it really fine..
    I hope the Vyprvpn OpenVPN over TCP implementation will be available soon to take full advantage of Vyprvpn on my network.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. custom LED support

shibby supports access to the router's LEDs. It would be nice to add an option to enable a VyprVPN LED configuration that will show the status of the VPN (disconnected, connecting, connected or error)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Options for TCP and smaller MTU settings for Chameleon and OpenVPN in VyprVPN Router App.

When manually tuning openvpn, I found that long haul links require a bit of tuning to get the optimal performance.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow VyprVPN module to work over https

I prefer to use https when connecting to the R7000 router, so please make the module work over https

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can you to produce a OpenVPN set up guide for a router which has been flashed with Merlin?

Can you to produce a OpenVPN set up guide for a router which has been flashed with Merlin? You already have guides for DD-WRT and Tomato.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support to Routers with an embedded VPN option (e.g., Easy-Box 904 xDSL)

Support to misc. routers with a VPN option that can be activated when configured (e.g., Easy-Box 904 xDSL).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. dd-wrt best practices

Provide guidance for DD-WRT router set up. For example, Stay Alive is a great feature that fixes the service drop issue. Your support reps were great but were not able to advise me on this. I found the info on the TOR router website instead. Given the unique setup protocol for Vypr VPN, I would prefer to get your best practices rather than rely on other sites for this information, if possible.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Nat Firewall automatic restart after "n" minutes

I appreciate that there is a firewall available to block incoming traffic. And while I would like to be able to configure which ports I can open (and know you have said NO to this), the end result is that I have to "lower my shields" when I need to connect. The problem is I have to remember to raise them again when I am done, and that often does not happen.

So, as a compromise, I would really like to see a feature like "snooze" which allows me to shut off the firewall for some period of time, like…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A webui-related plugin designed for Asuswrt

Can you develop a webui that supports Asuswrt. A webui-related plugin designed for Tomato won't work with Asuswrt

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Per-Device VPN device reload button

My devices in the per device vpn section contain old devices that are no longer on the network and new ones don't show up. The new ones have been connected and not picked up. I do have a static mac table as well and don't know if it is read by vyprvpn or just the active mac table.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Wireguard on OPNsense

I see you have many entries for a manual wireguard connection already so this is not a new idea - only another request for OPNsense.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability for VyprVPN control panel to inherit hostname from router

All my devices MAC addresses have specific IP addresses (static IP) assigned to them using the "Static DHCP/ARP/IPT" section under "Basic"

Under the menu VyprVPN --> Per Device VPN you have a list of connected devices. Some of the device hostnames are not found.

All of my connected devices have hostnames assigned under the menu Basic --> Static DHCP/ARP/IPT.

It would be great if manually entered hostnames could be inherited from the Basic --> Static DHCP/ARP/IPT section to the VyprVPN --> Per Device VPN hostname section.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can you please support ASUS DSL_AC68U

Cant get your VYPRVPN to work no matter what i try :( tried setting it up as a client but get chap authentication issues
    or if i try openvpn getting errors

please support this router you currently have support out for the ASUS AC68U router why no love for the DSL version :(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base