Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need Optimize MTU feature in Windows version

Please add the Optimize MTU capability to the Windows version that is already present in the Mac and Android versions. I recently changed ISP to T-Mobile (Gray Gateway device) and download speed drops dramatically when I use VyprVPN. From what I have read online this must be a common problem and will become even more prevalent as more people use this device. Apparently packet size that is too large is the cause of the problem.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable/Enable Ping Measurement

Please add a way to disable the ping measurement, upon bringing the server list up it will freeze the client for a few seconds, it becomes very annoying after a while, to the point of me potentially switching vpn provider.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change country name or give country a nickname?

Can we please edit the name of a country so I can identify it with what I would like to use it for? Or maybe give it a nickname? I'm asking this because I would like to identify the country with what I use it for. I'm asking this because I like to watch MMA fights, and they are offered for free streaming in some countries. So I would like to rename the country I'm connecting to with the MMA organisation that offers it for free in that country.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Lighter footprint on RAM Memory.

Please work on a version that has a lighter footprint on the RAM Memory.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. View IP Address on main screen

It would be preferred to see the current connected IP Address along with the country you are connected on the main window.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add more Indian Server

Add more Indian Server. Add locations like Chennai, Delhi. India is huge. Locations are far away. I'm planning to purchase but locations are too less. Add Some P2P Servers too. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Save Position of VyprVPN Client Window

I know it sounds like a small thing, but on ultrawide monitors it can be quite annoying to have to move the windows client app from the center of the screen every time that the vpn app is started on windows.

Please add the ability to remember the last window position and restore it automatically upon load of the client.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MSI Package for deployment through MDM

It would be great if you offered a MSI version of the installer so the client could be deploy en masse via a device management solution (Intune ... etc).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create an option to launch VyprVPN app MINIMIZED TO SYSTEM TRAY at Windows startup

Because it's really annoying to be forced to do it manually at each windows or session startup...

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. please i need you to add chinna

please add china server ASAP to do my work through vyper
    it will help me so much
    thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New taskbar icon for windows light theme

When you choose the light theme in windows the icon in the taskbar gets barely visible.
    A border or shadow around the icon would be helpful to differentiate it from the (also) white background.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Connection Per App

Connection Per App on Windows

805 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  22 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hello, I hope Windows can also support VPN for standalone programs

I hope that the Windows system can also support independent programs to load VPN. Similar to Android. Because I am a Chinese user, I cannot use some Chinese programs after loading the VPN. I can only turn on the VPN for a while, and then turn off the VPN for a while. Very troublesome

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Leak in Windows and Web Browser

It seems that in Windows as well as browsers present data leaks despite the fact of using a VPN.

Some specialized sites suggest that you need to "correct" certain values in the browser and change certain values in the Windows registry.

Are you informed about this?

Why not, integrate in your future updates is corrective?

Why am I saying this?
    Explanation:

What is an IP address leak ?
    IP leakage occurs when your VPN fails to mask your real IP address with one of its own, making it accessible to all prying eyes to see. In other words, the VPN…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add back L2TP encryption

Skype Out functionality (http://www.vodburner.com/skypeout) blocks and then bans your id for a period of time (2-12 hours) for the use of either Chameleon and OpenVPN encryption, with only L2TP encryption allowing the users through.

The current version of the client has removed this protocol, so this leaves users unable to use Skype out functionality without protection. Return this encryption standard to the list of protocols that may be selected.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add temporary custom firewall block for the network

Currently I can’t access my routers login info, but I thought the idea of being able to add temporary custom firewall blocks would be neat. Such as web addresses and ip’s.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. VyprVPN scripts

Idea: add a scripting language that allows users to modify the vyprvpn client behavior with a easy way to load/unload scripts from the ui. In my mind cpp would be the best language to use for this.
    Ideas for what the api could have:
    - Packet manipulation
    - Packet delay
    - Packet throttling
    - Packet loss
    - Packet chocking
    - Packet dropping
    - Reading / Changing packet content
    - Everything else that a good proxy server would have
    - Filters on ones above ^
    - Packet detection, reading and selection
    - Packet selection on arrival/recieving port and/or ip
    - Packet…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Buttons in vyprvpn

Hello, I would like to have the following improvements for an easier handling on the "Show vyprvpn":
    - Kill button like included in iMac
    - A button for changing the protocol
    - A small menue with 4 favourite locations and the fastest server to select

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add two buttons in the VPN Menu like in Apple iMac

Add two buttons in the VPN Menu like in Apple iMac for VPN Protocol and Kill Switch

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. IKEv2 for Windows App

Please add IKEv2 in the Windows and MacOS, and Android apps as a protocol option. Right now the IKEv2 is available only for manual connections.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base