Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lower TTL

Lower TTL when connecting to servers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Timed Rotation through servers

Add a feature to allow users to build a list of servers they would like VyperVpn to rotate through. Have a radio button for sequential or random rotation, and field to specify time duration between server changes.

The user would build a list a list of preferred servers, and with the SERVER ROTATION option enabled, VyperVPN would automatically change servers every 30 minutes or whatever interval the user specifies. The rotation could be sequential through the user list (top to bottom) or random, as specified by the user.

You could add fields for automatic server selection from the list based…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Schedule VPN Connection Times

I would like to have an option where I can set a schedule for when the VPN Connects and Disconnects.

Example. I want the VPN to connect at midnight every night and disconnect at 7am every morning.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Switch servers from system tray while connected

Currently I can connect to any of my favorite servers by either right clicking the mini icon tray, or by clicking the "location" icon in the main application window, but it would be great to be able to do this also while connected.

So if I'm already connected to a VPN I could select another one and it would do the disconnection and connection automatically. I don't know if this is a trivial request, it would save a few clicks, and I think keeping the "location" icon next to the connect/disconnect button seems logical instead of hiding it after being…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. skin

Some variable different skins for the ap would be very good

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Being Able To Switch Between Servers Without Deconnexion

Being Able To Switch Between Servers Without Deconnexion With one Click:

While being connected to a server,
    I want to switch to another server. But have to deconnect first.

Instead of that, would be really great if when I switch to another server, I stay connected to the former one.
    Then, once I am connected to the new server, only then the former connexion can be killed.

That way, I stay connected all along, without interruption, just changed server location.

That is useful to use when downloading files at for exemple, sppedyshare or file sharing sites like that who restrict…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. VyprVPN application icon

I'd appreciate it if you would include different colored icons for VyprVPN. I use a solid black desktop background so the current all black application icon isn't visible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. An inApp NetworkManager

Hi golden frogs,

i would like to see a NetworkManager in the app. Like when clicking on the traffic monitor it would open not only the bars in separate window but also shows which app is currently use the vpncon. This could be nicely combined with a function to white ore blacklist an application to use or not use vyprvpn or even block an app from using internet.

I ask this because i always want to know which program is calling home.

Have a nice day.

Greets

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Vyprvn ip address

Please could you add the ip address which server is connected to
    on the Windows app,

So we can see what ip address is connected to

Thanks

Raj

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Install Language ITALIAN

hi, vypervpn has not installed the Italian language, please install it

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, the windows for VyperVPN use Alpha Blending to draw which makes them invisible to VNC connections

Currently, it appears that the windows for VyperVPN use Alpha Blending to draw their windows, although I see no benefit from it. However, alpha blended windows will disappear when viewed using VNC if the VNC option to hide the home desktop is set to on (which is the default for security.) What this means is that when I remotely log into my Windows 7 machine using VNC, the local screen goes black, and the VyperVPN window AND the drop down window from the task bar are not visible on the VNC window. I cannot tell the status of the connection…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Need Server Info

Need notice when a server is unavailable That has already been selected. The UK server in on and off and sometimes Vyper just grinds and grinds not connecting. A manual ping shows 'nothing' indicating not available.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Assign different VPN protocols to favorite servers

Users should be able to set protocol for each favorite location.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. connect vyprvpn through proxy

HTTP/HTTPS proxy support for Vyprvpn software. Currently those who are behind firewal and use a proxy to connect to internet aren't able to use Vyprvpn

126 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatic setup for use on game consoles

An auto bridger or something

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. VyprVPN on blu-ray player

can I download and safe the Vypr Vpn software on Blue ray hard disk. to be able, watching TV?
    I am siffing in Saudi and want to watch german TV, Therefore i need to use a german IP, but dont want to connect the TV/blue ray player with the Laptop, any ideas much appreciated.
    Thanks
    RB

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. dropbox

I just changed to VYPRVPN PRO, before I worked with Astrill. Since I live in China, VPN is a welcome tool for foreigners.

VYPRVPN doesn't support my dropbox account. I'm depended on this for my business. What can I do to activiate the dropbox in China, or is VYPRVPN not capable to do this?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. mannually configure routes

I'm using a proxy server software with integrated mail server( Wingate) on a server with static IP.

When i use vyprvpn to use Wingate services for routing outgoing traffic, mail server becomes unavailable because Vyprvpn overrides default routes on server route table.

So I really need a way to set theses route manually or a way to left these routes unchanged (Wingate will then handle the connection and manage routes).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. timed connection refresh

Add in an option to allow the app to disconnect and reconnect after a certain length of time. so for instance the server your currently connected to may not be the fastest server any more. HMA has this option and its very usefull for keeping the connection at its fastest.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Smart dns and unlimited routers friends sharing in more than 3 users

smartdns and unlimited sharing subsription 1 off fee

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base