Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Firefox

A Firefox extension that would simply allow placing the 'Country Name' (or flag) ON the browser toolbar to remind me where I'm tunnling to.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Kill Switch for Non-VyprVPN traffic

Often it would be handy to kill , or perhaps throttle specific traffic with or without VPN for various reasons. Suppose I'm sharing my internet connection or in parallel with limited bandwidth, it would be very useful to just temporarily click and limit or stop any IP traffic. Since you already have a GUI running, it makes sense to add this to your app. If not, allow this to be scriptable so this could be done by other apps

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add General option : "Connect start Windows and Minimize to tray"

Hello,

Thank you add in the general options the following option:
    "Connect and minimize to tray VyprVPN at Windows startup".

Sorry for my bad English ...

thank you

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable kill switch when being on whitelisted network

Currently the kill switch prevents to automatically connect to the internet without manually establishing a VyprVPN connection when being on a whitelisted network as that option disables the auto connect feature for known SSIDs. Please allow non-protected traffic on whitelisted WiFis.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy VyprVPN IP Address to clipboard when clicked from the UI

Auto copy to clipboard the VyprVPN IP Address when clicked from the vpn software UI.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Detect install directory

When Vypr is installed in a directory other than the default, this is not detected during updates and needs to be manually edited each time.

It would be good if the program could recognize where the previous version was installed and use that same directory.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel cannot communicate

When I start VyprVPN for Windows on a x64 system (7 AND 8.1) with preset OpenVPN 256 bit encryption and with the kill switch on I always get this error:

"System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel cannot communicate"

Looks like the kill switch is the problem. Fix this, it's not rocket science.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. TAP windows driver selection

New vyprvpn setup forces install tap windows driver with goldenfrog signature but it's an older version of openvpn's and has heartbleed vulnerability.so instead of forcing anything,at least make it selectable,so we can skip it and install a tab windows driver version we want.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

VyprVPN 2.9.6 will introduce user-selectable OpenVPN adapters, with the default being the standard OpenVPN TAP adapter. The other option is the VyprVPN TAP adapter, which could be used in cases where the standard OpenVPN TAP adapter fails (due to conflicts, etc).

This is already available in the Advanced tab of the 2.9.6.7169 beta version and it will be out in production very soon.

While the driver itself is not selectable, the adapter is and both adapters will use the most up-to-date, secure drivers for OpenVPN.

9. In VyprVPN, provide a retry option to the installer

Whenever I attempt to install an upgrade when notified by the Windows app, it fails because my firewall blocks the temp install file's internet access until I approve it in a dialog box. The problem is that the installer does not provide a 'retry' option -- as soon as the firewall blocks it, the installer reports failure and must be closed. Problem is, by that point it has uninstalled the TAP service, so I cannot restart VyprVPN and must go to the website, log in, download, etc.

It's not a major problem, but it would make the upgrade process smoother…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. VPN SSL/TLS

Hello there. To complete VyprVPN protocols available and to enhance security, it would be interesting to add the VPN SSL/TLS protocol that provides better protection than OpenVPN. When do you think?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. An option to disconnect / connect to the vpn via command line in windows.

If you had an option to disconnect / connect to the VPN via command line in windows, then I can script the process to occur automatically depending on specific criteria. This would then be controllable outside of your UI, allowing more flexibility.
    Example: In other VPN services you can do something like this
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\VyprVPN\VyprVPN.exe" -disconnect

This in turn can be created into a batch file and added to your "project" or whatever.

250 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. transfer graph of the incoming and outcoming $$

Hi
    I really like the service you provide but as they say "Nothing is perfect" so I noticed a thing that would be better to have in the program you provide with your service.

other than the speed graph in the program , it would be better to have another graph that be in coming and out coming graph, that collect all the transfer of the internet.

thank you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reboot connection if ping timeout

Sometimes, i lost connection but the client doesn't disconnect.
    It can be good if the client detect when ping timeout and reboot the connection.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 with L2TP/IPsec

Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 now supports l2tp over ipsec, but vyprvpn not working... ?

164 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Switch to destination server programatically

Need some sort of automation to switch to destination server without manual clicking. May be you can add functionality to your VyprVPN.exe to take a param that would specify a server to which a VPN connection is made (you can add optiona user ID and pwd). Assuming VyprVPN app is running (and a user is logged-in), when VyprVPN.exe -s us2.vpn.goldenfrog.com is launched it would do the same as manual selection of the server from the list in GUI - just establish connection to specified destination.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change Mac Address periodically

Every time, having a connection the Mac Adress is automatically changed.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make provisions for a WiFi printer on VPN

As currently configured, there is no way to operate a WiFi printer if the VPN is engaged. Some VPN clients apparently have a kind of "exception" option that allows for the operation of a wireless printer on LAN without having the signal scrambled by the VPN.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ping and change to another server while protected by VPN

I would like to ping all available servers while connected to VyprVPN and change my current server without exposing my IP. Currently, I have to disconnect from Vypr before I can ping the available servers. This requires me to close my newsreader and other internet programs while pinging & changing servers. I would like to see the available ping times and change servers without having to close all of my apps or risk exposing my IP address.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. would like windows rt app so dont have to edit registry and stuff to get vpn to work with surface rt

shouldn't have to edit registry to get vpn to work. maybe an app like ios

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display a pop-up on Windows when VYPRVPN connection is lost

Display a pop-up on Windows when VYPRVPN connection is lost. In other words, this is what pop-up says: "Your connection to VYPRVPN has been disconnected, VYPRVPN is now attempting to reconnect

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base