Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. connaitre le ping du serveur sur laquel on est connecter

voire le ping du serveur sur laquel on est connecter , a coter des informations ou l'on choisi son serveur

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Graphical bandwidth indication on mini tray icon

I am still using netpersec (2001) as a visual bandwidth indicator. VyprVPN has something similar but only when the app is in screen mode. However, it would be cool to see the sent/received bandwith as a visual indicator on the mini tray icon. Hovering over the icon would then give the bandwidth in number (average sampled over 5 seconds or so) and the IP address of the connected server.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability for the vyprVPN gui to have a mini-mode (shrinkable) and stay on top of all windows.

Need to be able to monitor the vyprVPN connection while having another window/app open full screen.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep favorites after VyprVPN update

Keep the location favorites after a VyprVPN update.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Encrypt DNS traffic with free open source OpenDNS

Just to inform you and recommend DNS encryption for VyprVPN:

This free open source software works parallel to your VPN:
    http://www.opendns.com/about/innovations/dnscrypt/

Perhaps you can recommend it to the engineering team for the beta versions, please?

As long as there is no implementation in your windows client I will use the above tool additionally
    to avoid man-in-the-middle attacks and prevent any spying.

Please also have a look at lifehacker:
    http://lifehacker.com/how-to-boost-your-internet-security-with-dnscrypt-510386189

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Start app minimized to tray on Windows start

The earlier program version minimised to tray when starting automatically on Windows start. The latest version has taken away that feature and the program starts maximised on the desktop now. That may be great for some but I like to control how auto-start programs behave, ie whether they are maximised or minimised. It would be good if a "Minimise to tray" tickbox option existed in General Options which is available when you select "Launch VprVPN on log in".

220 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  17 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change computer time and date to sever location upon connection

VPN blocking generally works however in some instances it's rejected due to the date and time setting on my computer not agreeing to the host site.

Suggestion, incorporate an option to change the time date during the login process to the servers locations. Then when you disconnect reset the computers time and date to the original settings. This will greatly improve the international roaming experience.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hide Taskbar Tab When Minimized

I upgraded to VyprVPN v2.3.3.2452 and I see that while running in Windows 7, the tab in the taskbar stays visible. I would perfer to not have this tab visible in order to save space. Can you provide an option for "hide taskbar tab when minimized" or something similar?

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Notifications

This does not happen too often so this why it is important.

VprVPN can chug along happily then, without warning, lose the connection. I am using a sound to warn me but this sound makes a single "beep". There needs to be something a little more substantial--maybe made optional.

Recently, I left my computer and my VPN connection was lost. I came back and did not think to check VyprVPN's status. I just assumed that it was still connected. So, I continued for about an hour without VPN protection when I kind of needed it!

I suggest some type of…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Select Specific LAN Interface

I want to use a separate LAN (Ethernet Port) connecting to a unique WAN service for VPN traffic. Is there a way you could add this feature to your VYPRVPN client - allowing me to configure the VPN client to connect across a specified LAN interface and always reconnect using that and only that interface.

This way I can segregate my VPN traffic from my routine internet activity.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Windows Update with Admin Elevation

I use VyprVPN on Windows and like the automatic update feature (so it tells me that an update is available).

However, as my normal user under windows does not have administrative privileges, the setup starts and fails afterwards because of this.

Can you please change the update-installer to check for available admin-rights in the beginning and allow to change the user in the setup process (admin elevation)?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cache server IP addresses on load

Have VyprVPN Cache the IP addresses it needs to connect a VPN tunnel and optionally use those instead of DNS based connections.

Let me explain why.

One or another of the development tools that I use cause a weird but persistent problem on my PCs. Whenever a new network connection appears on my PC for whatever reason, DNS resolution fails for approx. 5 minutes before starting to work again. The result being that when I need to turn off the VPN I cannot reconnect it again for over 5 minutes, and during that time my PC does not have internet…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. firewall tunelling

please add a UDP tunneling system for bypassing local firewalls

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Could you provide some clarification on how you would want this feature to work, ideally?

OpenVPN and Chameleon allow for a user-selectable UDP port or random UDP port within specified ranges. Using the “Automatic” option, as opposed to specifying a port number, would allow the app to try and make a connection that was not blocked by the local firewall.

15. Recommend and/or auto-connect to best VPN server

Recommend and/or auto-connect to best VPN server

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sort VPN servers by lowest latency

There is actualy no sort function which arranges VPN servers by lowest latency. Would be very helpful instead of scrolling all servers.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Auto Initial-Connect - Keeps Retrying Until Connected or Cancelled

Initial Connection Keeps Retrying Until Connected or Cancelled

Usually it takes between 3 and 6 attempts at pressing connect to actually connect.

I want the client to just keep retrying until its connected.

There is already auto re-connect, but i need Auto Initial Connect

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto reconnect when disconnect with unlimit attemp

When I have disconnected because lose internet connection my vypr disconnected and it didn't auto reconnect again after my internet connection back, i have opened the vypr at night before i went to sleep and when i woke up in the morning, my vypr was disconected although i was check on function autoconect when disconnect with max limit attemp (20). I hope you can add the function autoconnect with unlimit attemp or some function to make sure it alway connect. Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Desktop warning

A window display on the desktop when Vypr disconnects. This would let a user know when they have been away from their system that they need to reconnect before going online.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A widget/application for Windows 8

It would be nice to have an application or widget for Windows 8. Easier access.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base