Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows Virtual Machines Compatibility

Support have suggested VM's are not supported (although it does seem to work when using L2TP/IPsec rather than OpenVPN or Chameleon it just doesn't show the traffic graph it seems.

As virtual machines are common place these days would be great to be able to have a supported application on these platforms.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to change VPN servers while connected to a vpn server.

The ability to change VPN servers while connected to a vpn server without disconnecting first.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add IKEv2 support

Please add IKEv2 support. IKEv2 protocol is much faster than L2TP and secure and usually not censored.

692 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  17 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add feature to auto update computer time zone depending on VPN location

Add feature to auto update computer time zone depending on VPN location

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VyprVPN TAP default

Golden Frog support instructed me to use VyprVPN TAP and it is the only way I get a decent connection. It would be extremely helpful to have an option to set this TAP configuration as the default when the VPN opens so that every time I connect to the internet I don't have to manually go to the advance options and ensure the correct TAP is selected before connecting.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fast change of vpn protocol and encryption

Fast change of vpn protocol and encryption on start screen so its easy to change from 160 used for gaming and chameleon u

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. instead of the full window why not a much smaller widget to reduce desktop clutter?

either a small taskbar button or a widget that can 'snap to' a side or top/bottom wall of the desktop?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Server load in the application

Add a "server load" section in the application. (See image attached).

852 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve connecting and disconnecting time

No matter what protocol you're on it takes at least 15-20 seconds to connect and or disconnect which is quite slow compared to other paid VPN services, I'd like to be able to disconnect and connect in less than 10 or so seconds.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 'Always on Top' & Floating ICON = 'Location & Speed'

I would like to have an option ALWAYS ON TOP and have something about the size of a business card - or less - to view:
    1. On/Off
    2. Location
    3. Speed

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. VyprVPN Gaming Mode

it would be great to add gaming mode feature in the application .
    gaming mode will block the other network connections that consuming the internet and causing high ping

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. always on top

add an option for always on top, i run 6 screens on my system but it keeps getting shuffled under other stuff.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make the upload and download colors, red/green colorblind friendly

red/green colorblindness affects .5% of men. a simple design change of color will allow us to see the difference between uploads and downloads.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Monitor internet Bandwith (traffic) of my computer

One thing I really like about VyprVPN is the traffic graph showing the real time internet traffic (both Incoming and Outgoing). I decided I want this for my desktop but a good version of it has been very difficult to find unless I want to pay for it.

Then I thought that I've already paid for VyprVPN so maybe the could change to do the local computer traffic for a VyprVPN subscriber.

I used to be computer programmer so I believe it should be easy to do. (Famous last words.) The animated graph is already done and stuff. So, your…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Start app minimized to system tray on launch

It would be nice if you could disable the application window from popping up automatically when it is started. Instead you could have an icon that will allow you to see the popup menu when you wanted to.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rotate a group of connections

I'd like to select a number of vpn's and rotate the connection over random periods automatically.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. connect vyprvpn through proxy

HTTP/HTTPS proxy support for Vyprvpn software. Currently those who are behind firewal and use a proxy to connect to internet aren't able to use Vyprvpn

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Release notes for new versions and beta versions

I would like to see release notes for features add and bug fixes in full versions and beta versions. I personally like to know what is being added, fixed, and removed from programs I use.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An option to disconnect / connect to the vpn via command line in windows.

If you had an option to disconnect / connect to the VPN via command line in windows, then I can script the process to occur automatically depending on specific criteria. This would then be controllable outside of your UI, allowing more flexibility.
    Example: In other VPN services you can do something like this
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\VyprVPN\VyprVPN.exe" -disconnect

This in turn can be created into a batch file and added to your "project" or whatever.

244 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base