Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto start applications on connect and auto-close on connection lost

Add a list of software to start on connection success and to (force) close when losing connection.
    I'm using "VPN Lifeguard" to do this, but it will be better if integrated inside your application.
    Very usefull when using a software that should not run outside the VPN.
    (sorry if bad english)

215 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have implemented a similar feature, Kill Switch, in our VyprVPN Windows 2.5 release which allows the user to choose to not have internet access when the computer is not connected to VPN. We are currently working on the proof of concept for per-app VPN. I hope this answers your questions!

2. Reykjavík

Something is wrong with the city name "Reykjavík"... Even after your correction. Check out my screenshots.

English spelling: Reykjavík
    German spelling: Reykjavík
    French spelling: Reykjavik
    Spanish spelling: Reikiavik

Just my two cents.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add an option to Settings to not minimize to taskbar on launch.

Is there a way you can add an option to allow the application to launch in the default active windowed mode versus as minimized to the taskbar?

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. restart vpn connection once the computer is woken from sleep.

restart vpn connection once the computer is woken from sleep.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Translate the full VyprVPN program

The user interface is in the appropriate system language, but the error messages ("Connection could not be established", "disconnected") are as usual always in English. Very low priority, but can you please translate this in the next (major) versions?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Fastest Server" - An option where VyprVPN app selects the best server

I would like an option in desktop app, thats automatic selecting the server that are closest to your location, so your always are connected to the best server(For optimal speed), which also can be used for people that are traveling alot.

143 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Right click menu speed for Windows application

Sometimes it takes 20 or more seconds to open the settings menu when right-clicking the VyprVPN icon in the system tray.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Visability

I would like to have visable the connection status in the adress bar: like the showing of the ip adress on goldenfrog: VyperVPN 111.111.22.111

On top of that I would like several options of making the connection status visable: maybe a gadget on my screen that's green or red, where I can choose the size, shape and transparency

And I would like to have a connection blocker: If the secure connection is interupted VyperVPN reconnects, but during that time the normal connection is open and visible to others?

Thank you.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Per-URL VPN

give us the ability to define an URL set which will be used for connections over the vyprvpn only.

lets say i define www.netflix.com only the traffic to/from netflix.com goes through the vpn connection, all other traffic will use the standard route without vpn

112 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add option to configure which IP addresses / ranges should use VPN

I would like to select which IP addresses or ranges should be reached via VPN.

One way would be to configure thoses addresses directly, but thinking about that, I just got another idea:

Add an option to route all trafic to the country, that the VPN server is located in, through the tunnel.

That would be great, though I see some technical dificulties here. I would be happy about manual configuring networks though.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Full ability to switch to any vpn from the mini icon tray

At the moment we can only select from a few recently connected vpn server with the associated protocol when right clicking on the mini icon tray.

It would be great if we had the ability to switch to any vpn server with any protocol directly from drop down menus for the location and protocol when right clicking on the vypvpn mini icon tray instead of having to open the full setup window to do it.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Speed Measurement

How about a TX/RX speed measurement and display? It could be enabled or disabled if there is concern about CPU cycles.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Location on the tray icon

When I pass my mouse arrow over the tray icon, the information is Vyprn Connected 10.xx.xx.xx . The internal IP is not very usefull, it would be better to give the location (I know we can obtain it by clicking on the icon).

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Configurable time delay before reconnecting

When you have VyperVPN set up to auto redial, it would be nice if you could set a delay before it attempted the connection. This would allow the machine to establish a network connection before the VyperVPN client app attempts to make the connection.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. VPN Kill Switch - Add an option to VyprVPN to disconnect the internet when the VPN drops.

Add a check mark to disable internet if VPN connection is lost.

391 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make the App auto-reconnect feature fail over to other server locations if reconnect fails.

If the auto-reconnection fails after a given amount of times, then have the App automatically try a different server location for a given amount of times, and then try a different server after, so on and so forth, until a successful connection is made.

104 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base