Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

Please tell us your feature request....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Faster Country Change

Please allow for faster server change. No need to force user to first disconnect then reconnect. If I want to connect to a new server then disconnection is implied. Let the app handle the disconnect automatically when I request he new server so that I only interact with it once without waiting for the first step to complete.

Also allow server changes from the drop down menu bar (Mac) without opening the full app window.

See Tunnel Bear for how they handle this. It’s easy and seamless.

196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Command line (CLI) support for Mac OS

Initiative here was to turn on & off VyprVPN as fast as possible so that it requires less attention when it comes to switching. It always happens when you are working in a company that has their own LAN network required to visit internal websites, so you have to switch between internal and external.

These are the few minimal requirements I can think of to make such a CLI utility small but complete:

* option to connect to VyprVPN(of course)
    * option of disconnect from VyprVPN
    * option to specify which server(ip, alias, or hostname like tw1.vpn.goldenfrog.com) to connect to(you…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show fastest connection OTHER THAN your current country or a user-selected list of countries

Often users do not want the fastest server if it is within the country that they are currently in. For example, I may be in Indonesia, but I DO NOT want to connect to an Indonesian server for many reasons. Moreover, I may not wish to connect--ever--to servers in the Five Eyes.

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable Shutdown Notification

Disable the notification "quitting Vypr will disconnect.." because this notification prevents the Mac from shutting down/restarting and/or crashes the Mac during shutdown/restart.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Megabytes instead of Megabits

The monitor should be able to measure speeds in MB instead of Mb. I use MB for everything and I'd lile the numbers to agree with each other.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Solve the "Disconnecting" issue on Mac

When closing a MacBook (OSX Yosemite, kill switch active) the conneciton drops but when reopening the yellow button keeps saying "Disconnecting". Quitting the application has no effect. Only restarting the system or manually removing "vyprvpnservice" in the PrivilegedHelperTools and quitting the process in Activity Monitor works.

There must be an option to 'quit' the 'disconnecting' process...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Yosemite dark menu - VyprVPN black and white option bug

The round status area (padlock symbol) in the VyprVPN icon in the OS X menu bar is blank when the black and white preference option is selected in conjunction with Yosemite's dark menu theme. A small but annoying bug for those that like a colourless menubar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More robust connection after Mac wakes from sleep

When my Mac wakes from deep sleep, it takes a few seconds for the internet connection to come back online.

Every time this happens, Vyper gets stuck in a 'connecting...' state and never connects. I have to a) notice the icon stuck in the yellow state in the menu bar, b) physically open the app, c) cancel the current connection and c) start it up again.

I would like Vpyr to notice when it's stuck in that state and fix the problem by itself.

I'm using ComHem in Sweden.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Block VPN server, i think it would be great if you can block some VPN server, or countrys

Is it possible to make a blacklist of VPN servers? so that i can decide wich i will use or not use

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Thomas,

We have the option to select favorite servers. This can act as a white list for you. When you select a server as your favorite, you will them see it in the server selection drop down and will not have to open the server list.

Thanks

10. password retain during update

Updates should not require re-entering username/password. Most other apps are able to update without losing the preferences.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Will the next beta work on OSX Yosemite?

I know Yosemite is in beta, but any chance of having the next VyprVPN app beta work on Yosemite? I'm absolutely loving the new kill switch functionality.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Block unencrypted traffic on wake from sleep.

Some apps (like email) auto-connect to the net before Vypr kicks in after waking from sleep, and this presents a security hole. Sure, I could shut down all apps before letting my system sleep, but that is an unreasonable burden. Also, sometimes Vypr drops a connection. Whether it is Vypr's fault or not is not really the issue. Just that, again, a window of unencrypted traffic might be exposed before a connection is re-established.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Peter,
    A combination of using Auto-reconnect and Kill Switch should take care of this issue for you. As long as VyprVPN is running you shouldn’t have an issue with traffic being unencrypted coming out of sleep state. If you see evidence of this not happening, please reach out to our support team for further investigation and assistance: support@goldenfrog, or live chat from goldenfrog.com

Thank you.

13. Quicker protocol switcher

Make it easier/quicker to switch between protocols. Instead of opening the preferences window add a dropdown on the same interface.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. VyprVPN app could connect automatically!

VyprVPN app could connect automatically to the fastest server with the lowest ping, it could also switch servers automatically to deliver the fastest connections.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Per-App VPN

Please add the option to choose which applications have their traffic redirected through Vypr.

For example; one could secure Skype through Vypr and simultaneously browse or download at a higher speed when VPN protection is not required.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. VyprVPN v2.0 App (Mac OS X) does not save account log in details.

I notice the new VyprVPN version 2.0 app for Mac OS X no longer saves your VyprVPN account log in and password and requires you to type your log in everytime you run the app. Please could this be added via a patch or small update, or perhaps a checkbox in preferences to allow this to become an option, thereby still keeping it secure on computers with more than one user.

This may also affect the Windows VyprVPN v2.0 app as well(?)

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The latest version of the Mac app is not working fine (Spanish language)

The "Protocol" tab within Preferences is showing the same options as the "General" tab, therefore I cannot define any other protocol than Chameleon. Also the text is trimmed on the right side of the preferences box. It would be great to have the option to change the language manually.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. VyprVPN Mac app is awesome. You should consider adding support for loading external openvpn config files!

I normally use Tunnelblick for OpenVPN on OSX... but since I subscribed to your VyprVPN product, I have to say the latest version of your VyprVPN software is awesome (2.0.0). Have you guys considered offering it as a generic OpenVPN app for OSX? I like the design and the simplicity, and the fact that you can monitor bandwidth right from the app... it's a pity I can't use it for more VPN goodness! Definitely my favourite OpenVPN on the Mac.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the compliments! Glad to see you like the Mac app.

For now, we are focused on supporting our VyprVPN users and don’t plan to offer the app as a standalone product.

There is so much server side integration with the Mac app that we were have to cut several features from the app to release a standalone version.

20. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base