Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block VPN server, i think it would be great if you can block some VPN server, or countrys

Is it possible to make a blacklist of VPN servers? so that i can decide wich i will use or not use

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Thomas,

We have the option to select favorite servers. This can act as a white list for you. When you select a server as your favorite, you will them see it in the server selection drop down and will not have to open the server list.

Thanks

2. Sign both certificates on iOS 8

In the latest iOS 8 release of VyprVPN in demand VPN certificate seems to be unsigned. Please fix this.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Currently, the windows for VyperVPN use Alpha Blending to draw which makes them invisible to VNC connections

Currently, it appears that the windows for VyperVPN use Alpha Blending to draw their windows, although I see no benefit from it. However, alpha blended windows will disappear when viewed using VNC if the VNC option to hide the home desktop is set to on (which is the default for security.) What this means is that when I remotely log into my Windows 7 machine using VNC, the local screen goes black, and the VyperVPN window AND the drop down window from the task bar are not visible on the VNC window. I cannot tell the status of the connection…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. TAP windows driver selection

New vyprvpn setup forces install tap windows driver with goldenfrog signature but it's an older version of openvpn's and has heartbleed vulnerability.so instead of forcing anything,at least make it selectable,so we can skip it and install a tab windows driver version we want.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

VyprVPN 2.9.6 will introduce user-selectable OpenVPN adapters, with the default being the standard OpenVPN TAP adapter. The other option is the VyprVPN TAP adapter, which could be used in cases where the standard OpenVPN TAP adapter fails (due to conflicts, etc).

This is already available in the Advanced tab of the 2.9.6.7169 beta version and it will be out in production very soon.

While the driver itself is not selectable, the adapter is and both adapters will use the most up-to-date, secure drivers for OpenVPN.

5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cyphr - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete Chats Permanently

Similar to the cyber dust app, whereby we have the option to permanently delete a conversation string from Golden Frog Servers-so that nothing is stored.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cyphr - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To delete a conversation, simply “swipe” to the delete the conversation.

In single device mode, your encrypted conversations are NOT stored on the server after you receive them on your device.

So, delete the conversation on the device will delete it permanently.

7. dd-wrt best practices

Provide guidance for DD-WRT router set up. For example, Stay Alive is a great feature that fixes the service drop issue. Your support reps were great but were not able to advise me on this. I found the info on the TOR router website instead. Given the unique setup protocol for Vypr VPN, I would prefer to get your best practices rather than rely on other sites for this information, if possible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable vibration

Currently the app allows you to either turn on/off notifications. This appears to be the only way to disable vibrations when a notification is received if the phone is on silent. I'd like to still see a notification but if the phone is on silent, I'd like the vibrations disabled.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Cyphr - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The Vyprvn ip address

Please could you add the ip address which server is connected to
    on the Windows app,

So we can see what ip address is connected to

Thanks

Raj

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Cyphr - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. allow group messaging/hangouts

allow functionality to have multiple users in on the same conversation thread.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cyphr - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Payment - Pay VyprVPN via iTunes payment (iOS - iPhone, iPad and iPad)

I don't have the requirement payments that GoldenFrog needs for VyprVPN.
    There're a lot of iTunes cards on the World, and it's really easy if we could pay on our iPhones via iTunes payment, VyprVPN have already apps for iOS, and this will be easy to add this feature.

An example for this, Skype have already this feature on iOS, there is a (4.99$) button that you add Skype Credit. it will use iTunes Store payment.

Thanks for adding this iTunes payment feature for VyprVPN app as soon...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. password retain during update

Updates should not require re-entering username/password. Most other apps are able to update without losing the preferences.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. VPN Location Cluster in the Middle East or North Africa

VyprVPN is in my opinion THE best VPN service in the world. Me and my colleagues in other organizations use it for work all the time, and its reliability and speed are the best in the business. Unfortunately some of my friends have had to go with other services because of the lack of a Middle East or North Africa location cluster. There isn't even one! Dubai, the UAE, Qatar, and countless other Middle Eastern and North African countries are becoming economic and financial centres that hold tremendous opportunities in the professional and business world. Please consider adding a cluster…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Date annotation

What would happen if you send message 1 at 16:30 on September 03rd, then send message 2 at 16:32 on September 04th?

You will get confused, thinking they were sent on the same day.

I suggest fixing this problem, by annotating the day name or the date, for every day.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Cyphr - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow me to keep my groups and contacts when I log out.

on my android groups and contacts have to be reentered when I log out and log back in

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Cyphr - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Cyphr - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Will the next beta work on OSX Yosemite?

I know Yosemite is in beta, but any chance of having the next VyprVPN app beta work on Yosemite? I'm absolutely loving the new kill switch functionality.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. VyprVPN on blu-ray player

can I download and safe the Vypr Vpn software on Blue ray hard disk. to be able, watching TV?
    I am siffing in Saudi and want to watch german TV, Therefore i need to use a german IP, but dont want to connect the TV/blue ray player with the Laptop, any ideas much appreciated.
    Thanks
    RB

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Autosend an unsent message when connection us obtained again.

Establish that when a message fails to send (because of connection or otherwise) have it autosend when connection is availible.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Cyphr - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base