Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel cannot communicate

When I start VyprVPN for Windows on a x64 system (7 AND 8.1) with preset OpenVPN 256 bit encryption and with the kill switch on I always get this error:

"System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel cannot communicate"

Looks like the kill switch is the problem. Fix this, it's not rocket science.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cyphr Web Application

Create a cyphr web application so you can chat to friends on the go or on your desktop PC. Using keyboards is so much more enjoyable then using a phone keyboard while at your desk.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cyphr - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VyprVPN for Blackberry 10

I have found a converted version of the Android app (1.2.1) and side loaded it, but the app would not even load. It would be great to have a native BB10 version of the app, or even a converted Android version.

Alternately, a VPN can be set up on the device manually. The attached file contains information on the settings available. Unfortunately nothing conforms with manual options for other environments.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jerry

269 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide Taskbar Tab When Minimized

I upgraded to VyprVPN v2.3.3.2452 and I see that while running in Windows 7, the tab in the taskbar stays visible. I would perfer to not have this tab visible in order to save space. Can you provide an option for "hide taskbar tab when minimized" or something similar?

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Block unencrypted traffic on wake from sleep.

Some apps (like email) auto-connect to the net before Vypr kicks in after waking from sleep, and this presents a security hole. Sure, I could shut down all apps before letting my system sleep, but that is an unreasonable burden. Also, sometimes Vypr drops a connection. Whether it is Vypr's fault or not is not really the issue. Just that, again, a window of unencrypted traffic might be exposed before a connection is re-established.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Peter,
    A combination of using Auto-reconnect and Kill Switch should take care of this issue for you. As long as VyprVPN is running you shouldn’t have an issue with traffic being unencrypted coming out of sleep state. If you see evidence of this not happening, please reach out to our support team for further investigation and assistance: support@goldenfrog, or live chat from goldenfrog.com

Thank you.

6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Cyphr - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto start applications on connect and auto-close on connection lost

Add a list of software to start on connection success and to (force) close when losing connection.
    I'm using "VPN Lifeguard" to do this, but it will be better if integrated inside your application.
    Very usefull when using a software that should not run outside the VPN.
    (sorry if bad english)

215 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have implemented a similar feature, Kill Switch, in our VyprVPN Windows 2.5 release which allows the user to choose to not have internet access when the computer is not connected to VPN. We are currently working on the proof of concept for per-app VPN. I hope this answers your questions!

8. Further support for Arabic.

Please make it default for when a user types in Arabic, the text gets typed from the RHS and continues toward the left direction. This applies for both prior to sending a message and after it has been sent and appears in the chat log.

Arabic language users are certainly not a minority of users, if not half of users to the chatting applications.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Cyphr - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Chameleon for Linux

would be awesome, maybe as a plugin for Gnome Network Manager.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Privacy filter on VPN servers

Since blocking ads, trackers. Http referrers, social tracking etc is hard on mobile devices (and cumbersome on desktops) it would be a great add-on for Vypr.
    Let the VPN server do the filtering for me and sell it as an add-on like NAT.
    Small beginnings: use the filters from Adblock Plus.
    Later: Look at Ghostery and similar browser plugins to get inspiration on what to block to prevent tracking.
    Ideally: prevent browser uniqueness tracking (see this article http://panopticlick.eff.org/browser-uniqueness.pdf).

I would suggest a price of 5-10 dollars per month for this add-on. Would also be perfect for the new business…

497 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. VyprVPN app could connect automatically!

VyprVPN app could connect automatically to the fastest server with the lowest ping, it could also switch servers automatically to deliver the fastest connections.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use correspondents' names in displays, rather than e-mail address, just like nearly every e-mail and communications programs.

Not everybody uses their name in their email address. I would like to see names,not email addresses, in all my lists. Thank you.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Keep favorites after VyprVPN update

Keep the location favorites after a VyprVPN update.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. VPN Cluster in India

With roughly 1.2 billion people, India is the world’s largest democracy and second largest country by population. A VyprVPN-Server-Cluster here would be nice. ;-)

308 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Auto reconnect, only for WiFi

I would like to see the option that VyprVPN auto (re)connect, but just when using wifi. I guess i trust my prvider, but i would like not have to think about it when in WiFi.

maybe also a possibility to whitelist WiFis where VPN is not needed.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. VyprVPN app automaticly choosing best performance server

Would it be possible to let the application chose automatically the best performance location at each login ?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A message board to tell customers of ongoing issues that many customers are experiencing.

We should have a message board that will let customers know if there are any ongoing issues that may be affecting them. It could also provide potential resolutions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base