Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. App for Snow Leopard (10.6) users

I think that you should make the Vyprvpn App available also for those who have a Mac OS X older than 10.7.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Select Specific LAN Interface

I want to use a separate LAN (Ethernet Port) connecting to a unique WAN service for VPN traffic. Is there a way you could add this feature to your VYPRVPN client - allowing me to configure the VPN client to connect across a specified LAN interface and always reconnect using that and only that interface.

This way I can segregate my VPN traffic from my routine internet activity.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. connaitre le ping du serveur sur laquel on est connecter

voire le ping du serveur sur laquel on est connecter , a coter des informations ou l'on choisi son serveur

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable VPN client to download new files for updating before uninstalling the current version

I saw a notification on my VPN client that a new version was available, so I tried to update. The process immediately uninstalled my VPN client and then tried to download a new version. The download process was just stuck and not moving at all. Being in Beijing may have something to do with it. I couldn't even cancel because there was no cancel button and the X button on the window was made unclickable. So to make sure I stopped all related processes, I just rebooted the computer.

As the VPN client had been uninstalled, I reinstalled my older…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The Golden Frog website should use a secure, ephermal cipher suite. Our passwords are too easy to intercept.

The website shouldn't use the RC4 cipher. Ever. Whenever we go to change our passwords on the website, it is too easy for powerful adversaries to intercept our passwords. The website should use a secure cipher, like AES-128-GCM, with an ephermal key exchange, like ECDH.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Golden Frog - Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. VPN chaining

VPN chaining through the servers....allowing users to add an extra level of Anonymity.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. HUAWEI4G LTE Pocket WiFi Router

you may need to support HUAWEI E589 E5776 4G LTE Pocket WiFi Router

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. server in faroe islands

i want a vpn server in faroe, because the most internet is blocked in the north sea..

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Windows Update with Admin Elevation

I use VyprVPN on Windows and like the automatic update feature (so it tells me that an update is available).

However, as my normal user under windows does not have administrative privileges, the setup starts and fails afterwards because of this.

Can you please change the update-installer to check for available admin-rights in the beginning and allow to change the user in the setup process (admin elevation)?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cache server IP addresses on load

Have VyprVPN Cache the IP addresses it needs to connect a VPN tunnel and optionally use those instead of DNS based connections.

Let me explain why.

One or another of the development tools that I use cause a weird but persistent problem on my PCs. Whenever a new network connection appears on my PC for whatever reason, DNS resolution fails for approx. 5 minutes before starting to work again. The result being that when I need to turn off the VPN I cannot reconnect it again for over 5 minutes, and during that time my PC does not have internet…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatic server switching/detecting when visiting websites outside your region

Got this idea to a new feature on the VyprVPN

I live in Denmark, But want to watch movies on hulu
    its a U.S based service, i can't because i dont live in the U.S

So the server(s) automatic switching to a U.S server while maintaining my current connection. When iam succesfully connected to the fastest U.S server based on ping. do my previous connection disconnect without interupting the new one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Alternative payment methods

Unfortunately it is also necessary to enter credit card cash in
    Paypal.
    Brazil has enormous potential in number and many internaltas
    software are sold here through local websites. I'm sure
    many would like to use a good VPN service. For this reason it would be
    interesting that you broaden facilities for us in the acquisition of
    license.

Example of service that could be used by you:
    https://pagseguro.uol.com.br/ (similar to Paypal, but with much more
    payment methods).

I did extensive research on VPN services and noticed that there are rare good
    options for Brazilians. Who knows you could be pioneers and…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Golden Frog - Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve performance of VyprVPN client / disable graph

On my laptop, the VPN service takes very little resources, but the client always spikes to 20% CPU every 2 seconds on average, event when no VPN is connected.
    Is suspect the speed graph to be the culprit. It looks cool the first time we launch the tool, but is not very useful. The Windows Task Manager displays the same info, and doesn't take so much CPU. It would be great to have a cross icon to completely disable this gimmick.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Email Alert for VPN disconnection!

Add an option in control panel so that an automatic email will be sent out when a VPN connection is discontinued.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Golden Frog - Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bratislava, Slovakia

Hi guys, any chance of adding Bratislava, Slovakia in your VPN server locations?

Thanks!

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Charge per Day

Too bad you don't charge per day of use. $1/day of use for instance. I don't need the VPN on daily basis.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. vyprvpn for business user status in control panel (connection details)

the control panel should show active connections of users and provide some sort of usage histroy

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - VyprVPN for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Publish your roadmap

What's coming next? In several postings a nameless person ("Product Manager, Golden Frog, Inc.") here talking over a roadmap. That sounds really interesting. Is that a company secret or can you maybe publish it?

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. VPN Cluser in the Pacific Northwest

Many users in western Canada would benefit from this, especially those in Vancouver, which is the third largest city in the country. A cluster in or near Seattle sure would improve service for those of us in western Canada in general.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base