Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. vpn server in brazil

would be nice to have access to VPN servers in Brazil

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Location on the tray icon

When I pass my mouse arrow over the tray icon, the information is Vyprn Connected 10.xx.xx.xx . The internal IP is not very usefull, it would be better to give the location (I know we can obtain it by clicking on the icon).

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add OpenVPN for GigaNews customers

The options currently included, PPTP/IPsec and L2TP, are outdated, vulnerable to several attacks an inefficient.
    Please add OpenVPN for GigaNews customers.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connect at phone start

Add a functionality of connect when the phone start.. In order to be always connected to vyprvpn

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More VyprVPN servers in Asia - Japan, South Korea, etc.

It would be good if there were extra servers in Asia, ideally South Korea and Japan, instead of having to rely on the single server in Hong Kong for the best speeds

190 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, we launched a VyprVPN server cluster in Tokyo, Japan today!

Thanks for the feedback and votes! South Korea will launch next week.

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/new-vpn-server-cluster-in-japan

How to Access the Japan Server Cluster:

VyprVPN Desktop – If you use VyprVPN Desktop, the new server cluster will automatically be available when you choose your server location.

VyprVPN Mobile – If you use VyprVPN Mobile, simply log out of the app and log back in to enable Japan as an option.

Manual Setup – If you manually set up VyprVPN on your operating system, you can update your VyprVPN hostname to: jp1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

6. 67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. VPN Server in Switzerland

Many internet based tv in Switzerland like teleboy or zatoo are blocking traffic from outside Switzerland to use their services !

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Configurable time delay before reconnecting

When you have VyperVPN set up to auto redial, it would be nice if you could set a delay before it attempted the connection. This would allow the machine to establish a network connection before the VyperVPN client app attempts to make the connection.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. needs an Exit option

There is no exit option in the Android app. An exit option in the menu would be welcome instead of having to kill the app

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please update to the 1.1 release – the back button will now take you out of the app. There was a bug in that navigation pattern in the 1.0 release. If you want to log out that is available from the setting screen. So, there should be no need to kill the app. If I am missing the case you are experiencing, just let me know.

10. VPN Server in Denmark

I know Denmark is a small market, but still I would really appreciate if you could add that location.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Different Protocols in VyprVPN Android App

Would be great if you make it possible to change the used protocol (opnevpn/l2tp/pptp) in the app.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently added our new, proprietary VPN technology called Chameleon that is available in the VyprVPN apps for Windows, Mac and Android.

Chameleon scrambles OpenVPN packet metadata to ensure it’s not recognizable via deep packet inspection (DPI), while still keeping it fast and lightweight. The Chameleon technology uses the unmodified OpenVPN 256-bit protocol for the underlying data encryption.

The result is that VyprVPN users are able to bypass restrictive networks put in place by governments, corporations and ISPs to achieve an open internet experience without sacrificing the proven security for which OpenVPN has long been known.

12. Optimize for Retina Display

I know this isn't high priority - but the desktop software looks super pixelated on Retina Display for mac. Mainly the installation & main settings screen logo & a few other places are ****** looking. Just letting you know.

Thanks!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. VyprVPN app for Linux?

Will there be a VyprVPN app for Linux in the near future?

196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. VyprVPN server cluster in Spain

I really enjoy the vyprvpn service, but I would like to suggest to add a VPN server in Spain. This would diversify your European position too.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. VyprVPN on several devices

It would be great to be able to connect to VyprVPN on more than one device at the same time.
    So it could be possible to have VyprVPN connected on a server, pc, mac, ios and android devices at the same time.

304 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently upgraded our Golden Frog VyprVPN plans to include one VyprVPN connection for Basic accounts, two connections for Pro accounts, and three connections for Premier accounts.

So, if you have a Pro or Premier account, you can now connect multiple devices at the same time.

16. 42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. VPN Server in Turkey

Turkish TV broadcasters started deploy a lot web based services to watch live tv or series , shows on demand which all of them requires Turkish based IP.

It would help a lot to Turkish community living outside of Turkey to get benefit of these offerings

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We rolled out a new VyprVPN server in Turkey today. Thanks for votes everyone!

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/new-vpn-server-cluster-in-turkey

How to Access the New Turkey Server Cluster:

VyprVPN Desktop – If you use VyprVPN Desktop, the new server cluster will automatically be available when you choose your server location.

VyprVPN Mobile – If you use VyprVPN Mobile, simply log out of the app and log back in to enable Turkey as an option.

Manual Setup – If you manually set up VyprVPN on your operating system, you can update your VyprVPN hostname to: tr1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

18. I really enjoy the vyprvpn service, but I would like to suggest to add a VPN server in Portugal. This would diversify your European position

I really enjoy the vyprvpn service,
    but I would like to suggest to add a VPN server in Portugal. This would
    diversify your European position.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be great if you offer servers in Miami for clients in Latin America.

It would be great if you offer servers in Miami for clients in
    Latin America.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Miami server is now available!

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/new-vpn-server-cluster-in-miami

How to Access the New Miami Server Cluster:

VyprVPN Mobile – If you use VyprVPN Mobile, simply log out of the app and log back in to enable Miami as an option.

Manual Setup – If you manually set up VyprVPN on your operating system, you can update your VyprVPN hostname to: us4.vpn.goldenfrog.com

20. VPN Kill Switch - Add an option to VyprVPN to disconnect the internet when the VPN drops.

Add a check mark to disable internet if VPN connection is lost.

391 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base