Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sign both certificates on iOS 8

In the latest iOS 8 release of VyprVPN in demand VPN certificate seems to be unsigned. Please fix this.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VPN Location Cluster in the Middle East or North Africa

VyprVPN is in my opinion THE best VPN service in the world. Me and my colleagues in other organizations use it for work all the time, and its reliability and speed are the best in the business. Unfortunately some of my friends have had to go with other services because of the lack of a Middle East or North Africa location cluster. There isn't even one! Dubai, the UAE, Qatar, and countless other Middle Eastern and North African countries are becoming economic and financial centres that hold tremendous opportunities in the professional and business world. Please consider adding a cluster…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Date annotation

What would happen if you send message 1 at 16:30 on September 03rd, then send message 2 at 16:32 on September 04th?

You will get confused, thinking they were sent on the same day.

I suggest fixing this problem, by annotating the day name or the date, for every day.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Cyphr - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow me to keep my groups and contacts when I log out.

on my android groups and contacts have to be reentered when I log out and log back in

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Cyphr - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add General option : "Connect start Windows and Minimize to tray"

Hello,

Thank you add in the general options the following option:
    "Connect and minimize to tray VyprVPN at Windows startup".

Sorry for my bad English ...

thank you

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cyphr Web Application

Create a cyphr web application so you can chat to friends on the go or on your desktop PC. Using keyboards is so much more enjoyable then using a phone keyboard while at your desk.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cyphr - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A message board to tell customers of ongoing issues that many customers are experiencing.

We should have a message board that will let customers know if there are any ongoing issues that may be affecting them. It could also provide potential resolutions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel cannot communicate

When I start VyprVPN for Windows on a x64 system (7 AND 8.1) with preset OpenVPN 256 bit encryption and with the kill switch on I always get this error:

"System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel cannot communicate"

Looks like the kill switch is the problem. Fix this, it's not rocket science.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add more protocols in your basic plan. It may help us to compete with your competitors.

add more protocols in your basic plan. It may help you to compete with your competitors.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added support for Android TV with our latest 2.10 release. It is optimized for Android TV on 5.1.1 OS Version, but should be fully functional and provide a great experience on Fire TV as well!

Let us know what you think of the updates. :)

12. TAP windows driver selection

New vyprvpn setup forces install tap windows driver with goldenfrog signature but it's an older version of openvpn's and has heartbleed vulnerability.so instead of forcing anything,at least make it selectable,so we can skip it and install a tab windows driver version we want.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

VyprVPN 2.9.6 will introduce user-selectable OpenVPN adapters, with the default being the standard OpenVPN TAP adapter. The other option is the VyprVPN TAP adapter, which could be used in cases where the standard OpenVPN TAP adapter fails (due to conflicts, etc).

This is already available in the Advanced tab of the 2.9.6.7169 beta version and it will be out in production very soon.

While the driver itself is not selectable, the adapter is and both adapters will use the most up-to-date, secure drivers for OpenVPN.

13. VyprVPN app could connect automatically!

VyprVPN app could connect automatically to the fastest server with the lowest ping, it could also switch servers automatically to deliver the fastest connections.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Cyphr - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use correspondents' names in displays, rather than e-mail address, just like nearly every e-mail and communications programs.

Not everybody uses their name in their email address. I would like to see names,not email addresses, in all my lists. Thank you.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. allow group messaging/hangouts

allow functionality to have multiple users in on the same conversation thread.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Cyphr - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Delete Chats Permanently

Similar to the cyber dust app, whereby we have the option to permanently delete a conversation string from Golden Frog Servers-so that nothing is stored.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cyphr - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To delete a conversation, simply “swipe” to the delete the conversation.

In single device mode, your encrypted conversations are NOT stored on the server after you receive them on your device.

So, delete the conversation on the device will delete it permanently.

20. Anonymous Notifications

I would like to know when I receive a message in the app but not have the sender's name/alias show up on my home or lock screen. There should be an option to just have it say "You have a Cyphr message" with no identifying info. This is a critical item for privacy.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Cyphr - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base