Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On Demand functionality for Android

I use VyprVPN Android. It is a real battery drainer. It is my understanding that the iPhone app automatically connects when needed and disconnects when not. Need this 'on demand' feature for the Android app.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VyprVPN Server in Australia

An Australian Server would be great. To access ABC for example. Many other australian sites are only for australian-ip's in access.

171 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The VyprVPN server cluster in Australia is now available!

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/new-vpn-server-cluster-in-sydney-australia

How to Access the Australia Server Cluster:

VyprVPN Desktop – If you use VyprVPN Desktop, the new server cluster will automatically be available when you choose your server location.

VyprVPN Mobile – If you use VyprVPN Mobile, simply log out of the app and log back in to enable Australia as an option.

Manual Setup – If you manually set up VyprVPN on your operating system, you can update your VyprVPN hostname to: au1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

3. Speed Measurement

How about a TX/RX speed measurement and display? It could be enabled or disabled if there is concern about CPU cycles.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VyprVPN Router

I would like to have a way to use my dd-wrt router to handle the VPN tunnel AND have the option to easily change the location of the VPN server, Would it be possible to make a plugin or some type of router control panel to work with DD-WRT or another open source firmware. ?

284 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A VyprVPN server in the southeast US. I'm not sure how many users live in this area, but I know at least 3 in Atlanta

A VyprVPN server in the southeast US. I'm not sure how many users live in this area, but I know at least 3 in Atlanta, GA.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. VyprVPN iOS - abibility

I just "deactivated" VyprVPN iOS on my iPhone 4S because often I had the problem that I had not been able to connect to internet because it seems that actual VPN server had a problem. 3G mobile internet and provider connection had been good. But this sucks... Ability to swith of VPN in this situation would be useful but everytime you start Safari Browser, Mail pulling, Whatsapp VPN is starting automatically.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

VyprVPN in Austria is now available!

How to Access the Austria Server Cluster:

VyprVPN Desktop – If you use VyprVPN Desktop, the new server cluster will automatically be available when you choose your server location.

VyprVPN Mobile – If you use VyprVPN Mobile, simply log out of the app and log back in to enable Austria as an option.

Manual Setup – If you manually set up VyprVPN on your operating system, you can update your VyprVPN hostname to: at1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/new-vpn-server-cluster-in-austria

Thanks for voting!

8. vpn server in brazil

would be nice to have access to VPN servers in Brazil

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Location on the tray icon

When I pass my mouse arrow over the tray icon, the information is Vyprn Connected 10.xx.xx.xx . The internal IP is not very usefull, it would be better to give the location (I know we can obtain it by clicking on the icon).

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Connect to my home network securely without opening a router port.

Connect to my home network by running a service on my home pc that connects to your service. Then VPN to my house remotely without having to make router adjustments. The service running in my house would make all traffic "solicited" since a connection would be established.
    I want to be able to play my music and watch my videos on my home network by streaming it.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More router compatibility...

I think it has been said already.... Maybe you can some newer models added to the router vpn list. Some of the routers listed are older models that either are not being made or support is not being offered from the manufacturer.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Dependent Apps

I would like to have VyprVPN disable/pause/shutdown dependent apps (or their connections) when VyprVPN disconnects. For example, when I am in China and streaming Netflix, I want VyprVPN to disable/pause/shutdown Netflix (or its connections), so that that traffic does not fly outside VyprVPN

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Control NAT Firewall with rules like a router (opening port at the minimum)

Control NAT Firewall option with rules like a router(opening port at the minimum)

134 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add OpenVPN for GigaNews customers

The options currently included, PPTP/IPsec and L2TP, are outdated, vulnerable to several attacks an inefficient.
    Please add OpenVPN for GigaNews customers.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. better directions...

better directions--written by a much less skilled person. My opinion, part of the time, is that the person writing about them on giganews is so far above me, that he seems to be speaking in code.
    The rest of the time I thing it is written by someone in Marketing, who doesn't understand much more than I do.

I think I need what golden frog has to offer. Even if I have to pay for it. But I don't know if what I am wanting to do is in the scope of golden frog, and really do not know how…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. IPv6 Support and/or 6to4 Gateway

Allow native ipv6 connectivity, and/or tunnel transversal 6to4 4to6

353 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Connect at phone start

Add a functionality of connect when the phone start.. In order to be always connected to vyprvpn

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More VyprVPN servers in Asia - Japan, South Korea, etc.

It would be good if there were extra servers in Asia, ideally South Korea and Japan, instead of having to rely on the single server in Hong Kong for the best speeds

193 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, we launched a VyprVPN server cluster in Tokyo, Japan today!

Thanks for the feedback and votes! South Korea will launch next week.

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/new-vpn-server-cluster-in-japan

How to Access the Japan Server Cluster:

VyprVPN Mobile – If you use VyprVPN Mobile, simply log out of the app and log back in to enable Japan as an option.

Manual Setup – If you manually set up VyprVPN on your operating system, you can update your VyprVPN hostname to: jp1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

20. Vyprvpn app for Synology NAS

Please create an app vyprvpn that we can directly download in the synology nas server.
    Synology technology is very impressive and deserve the best: Vyprvpn!!

425 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base