Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Suspend Nat Firewall

I would like the opportunity to temporarily suspend Nat Firewall rather than cancel my subscription every time.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VPN in Poland... please.

VPN in Poland... please.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We launched a VyprVPN server in Poland today!

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/new-vpn-server-cluster-in-poland

How to Access the Poland Server Cluster:

VyprVPN Desktop – If you use VyprVPN Desktop, the new server cluster will automatically be available when you choose your server location.

VyprVPN Mobile – If you use VyprVPN Mobile, simply log out of the app and log back in to enable Poland as an option.

Manual Setup – If you manually set up VyprVPN on your operating system, you can update your VyprVPN hostname to: pl1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

3. disconnect all downloads when vyprn disconnects and resume download when vyprn reconnects

disconnect all downloads when vyprn disconnects and resume download when vyprn reconnects

120 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Per-URL VPN

give us the ability to define an URL set which will be used for connections over the vyprvpn only.

lets say i define www.netflix.com only the traffic to/from netflix.com goes through the vpn connection, all other traffic will use the standard route without vpn

112 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add option to configure which IP addresses / ranges should use VPN

I would like to select which IP addresses or ranges should be reached via VPN.

One way would be to configure thoses addresses directly, but thinking about that, I just got another idea:

Add an option to route all trafic to the country, that the VPN server is located in, through the tunnel.

That would be great, though I see some technical dificulties here. I would be happy about manual configuring networks though.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need to test it

Having tried Anonymizer Total Net Shield and finding that it didn't work reliably through my Hughesnet satellite connection, I'm reluctant to spend money on this one just to find out. I wish there was some kind of free trial, even if it was only for a few days.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Another uk VPN server

I'd like to see a uk2 added. As the 1st server has been blocked from a lot of Uk based location services, eg skygo

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Raspberry Pi Support for VyprVPN and DumpTruck

I really like the Raspberry Pi but having easy to install VyperVPN and DumpTruck applications would be interesting!

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. VyprVPN POP3 server

The only problem I have using VyprVPN is that my internet provider doesn't allow me sending mails from a different IP then theirs.
    I would love to have a pop3 server which you guys offer.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. VyprVPN: Enable compression on mobile Devices

An option to have compressed transfers could safe traffic volumes on mobile Devices. Maybe offer options to select compression levels.

134 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. VyprVPN server - West Coast, Canada

Thank you for the VyprVPN server in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I live on the Western side of Canada. Longer ping times all the way to East and back. Could you take a look into setting up a server in Calgary or Vancouver?

Regards, a VERY satisfied customer.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Raise the speed cap in LA/DC

DC and LA are capped around 2.5MB. It would be nice to see them raised to match TX.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Payment per data amount

Sometimes I use Golden Frog a lot, otherwise not. And I pay the same every month. I would appreciate the option to pay per amount of data downloaded.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More servers on the US West Coast

The Los Angeles server often works slowly because of the tremendous traffic it receives from Asia. Though switiching to Austin or DC improves things, a closer connection geographically would be ideal. Perhaps a server in Portland and Seattle? (San Francisco is too expensive)

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Full ability to switch to any vpn from the mini icon tray

At the moment we can only select from a few recently connected vpn server with the associated protocol when right clicking on the mini icon tray.

It would be great if we had the ability to switch to any vpn server with any protocol directly from drop down menus for the location and protocol when right clicking on the vypvpn mini icon tray instead of having to open the full setup window to do it.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A VPN cluster in Dubai!

I've been using VyprVPN for a while now and have been very pleased with the service, as well as many of my Family relatives and friends. I would highly suggest to open a VPN cluster ideally in the Gulf region (Dubai, Riyadh, Doha) as many internet services from this region are offered to other Arabic speaking countries (There are more than 28 Arabic speaking countries from the Arabian Peninsula in west Asia till Morocco and Mauritania in Northwest Africa). Having a VPN cluster in any of these countries would help in opening the boundaries of services that are broadcasted and…

148 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. socks proxy

Allow users to run a VyprVPN connection as a SOCKS proxy so that I can have certain applications run over the connection and certain applications not. With total VPN only I have to force all my traffic over the VPN.

228 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More VyprVPN U.S. Servers

I really enjoy the VyprVPN service. Would love to see more U.S. servers, particularly from NY and Chicago.

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. On Demand functionality for Android

I use VyprVPN Android. It is a real battery drainer. It is my understanding that the iPhone app automatically connects when needed and disconnects when not. Need this 'on demand' feature for the Android app.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base