Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bypass for local addresses (ip range filtering)

I can't connect to any devices on my LAN with this running, which means I need to start and stop the software to connect to NAS etc. Some kind of range filter / mask would be great (192.168), whatever works for you. Failing that, per app would be tolerable (if not ideal in browser). Great app and service, keep up the good work :-)

230 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    17 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 227 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for Chromecast screen mirroring

Screen mirroring on android gets cut when initiating Vyprvpn connection. Even if all apps have been set to get around VPN.

166 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 152 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Android auto-reconnect when disconnected

Can you please add a functionnality which permit to reconnect automatically when the connection is lost on Android ?

127 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be great, to be able to set the vpn connection type (PPTP) from inside the app?

Otherwise I cant use the app for vpn connections from my nexus 4 device, since it seems that PPTP is the only type working.

117 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 108 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Screen-off disconnect for Android VyprVPN - Battery drain issues

Android app has massive battery drain when left on in the background and it becomes a nuisance to manually connect/disconnect multiple times a day. In addition, it does not appear to work hand-in-hand with a wifi sleep policy that lets the wifi sleep when screen is off. Ultimately my problem is excessive and unnecessary battery drain and I am not sure how it should be addressed but the above are some ideas.

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Android VPN - Firewall

Add ability to block apps from VyprVPN. There is an app called Mobiwol that acts like a vpn firewall - it works perfect. Is it possible you could add this feature to your app - I would gladly pay / donate for this. Its a major feature of security that is missing and possible on your app.

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can you make the Android application auto connect like the ios apps do?

The ios applications automatically connect when there is a network connection. Can you make the Android app do the same thing?

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Connect at phone start

Add a functionality of connect when the phone start.. In order to be always connected to vyprvpn

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news everyone!

If you are a VyprVPN Free user, you can now use Android Pay to upgrade to a Monthly or Yearly VyprVPN Basic plan directly in the app.

In order to use this functionality, you will need to ensure you are running the latest version of VyprVPN for Android.

15. 64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added support for Android TV with our latest 2.10 release. It is optimized for Android TV on 5.1.1 OS Version, but should be fully functional and provide a great experience on Fire TV as well!

Let us know what you think of the updates. :)

16. Add support to the Android TV boxes

Extend the support to the android TV boxes: would be very useful because sometimes some content is regional based, with the VPN, the location can be changed easily and people could access to different contents that could not be otherwise reacheable

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Connection Per App for Android TV

can you add an option for the Android TV app top enable VPN for specific apps only? This is already an option in the standard Android app

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add an option for tethering

be able to tether from my phone to my tablet using the vpn connection.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. new tasker plugin

How about a plugin for tasker that allows for connecting and disconnecting to various servers, and reports on the connection state of the vpn?

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base