Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Accept Bitcoin as payment method

Why aren't you guys accepting Bitcoin as payment method?

304 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  22 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accept more payment methods

As a suggestion this one here...

— JCB
    — Diners Club
    — Bitcoins
    — WebMoney
    — Cheque (Check)
    — Bank/Wire Transfer
    — WorldPay

Many students in Europe own just Prepaid Cards from Visa / MasterCard - they don't work with PayPal.

192 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Encrypted email service

I would like to be able to send/receive email over your network for added security.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Raspberry Pi Support for VyprVPN and DumpTruck

I really like the Raspberry Pi but having easy to install VyperVPN and DumpTruck applications would be interesting!

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PDF invoice

Please add a way to print out a formal-looking receipt/invoice that we can use for tax declarations.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to see a statement re Prism and NSA

With all the fears and controversy surrounding the Snowdon revelations, and with Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Microsoft and other corporate giants being forced to admit that they have been assisting the government and the NSA in their spying activities, I have to ask myself, what chance does a relatively small company like Golden Frog have to resist that same government pressure.

I would like to see a Prominent Link on your home page to a very definitive statement that your servers are NOT, and never have been, Zombies for the US Government. I would be even happier for you to declare…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After the Snowden and Prism news, we wrote a blog post on the matter.

“Golden Frog is not part of PRISM. We run 100% of our own infrastructure and do not rely on third party hosting providers. We provide a higher level of protection for our customers than other VPN and Cloud Storage service providers that may have been compromised by this program.”

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/golden-frog-not-part-of-nsas-prism-project-offers-solution

7. Publish your roadmap

What's coming next? In several postings a nameless person ("Product Manager, Golden Frog, Inc.") here talking over a roadmap. That sounds really interesting. Is that a company secret or can you maybe publish it?

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Paypal

I'm having additional fees from my Bank because I'm from France. Adding the possibility to pay via Paypal would solve this problem.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Open Sourcing Apps

Hey guys!

Bit of a crazy idea.. Open Sourcing all your apps. Might seem like a bit of a wild idea but in my opinion, if your really behind Privacy and Security then FLOSS is the best way forward.

And from a business perspective, it's not like you'll have free loaders using the services as anyone who has tried VyprVPN for Mac knows, get Viscosity or what ever and you still need to authenticate with your username/password! If I used Boxcryptor with DumpTruck I'm sure that would work out the same.

At least Open Source Cyphr since it's free! It…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. invoices informations

Could you please add "mandatory information" on the invoces :

• Name and address of the parties
    • Date of sale or service delivery
    • Quantity and precise description of the services
    • Tax and price discounts may be granted

thanks

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Billing Option

you should have an option to let customers try it out for one month and BILL for ONE month.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Live chat with support on mobile

Provide live chats using iphone

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please send a reminder before the last payment, so that your service doesn't stop !

Please could you send a reminder before the last payment, so that we can update the billing information and avoid that your service stop !

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add gift cards as a payment method

let us subscribe with google/itunes giftcards besides other payment methods cuz we dont have credit cards in this country

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like the option in the future to purchase a coupon code or other more gift-able instrument.

I would like the option in the future to purchase a coupon code or other more gift-able instrument. (purchased account for brother, VPN)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add ORF (AT) to your streaming services

VYPRVPN dont work ORF Austrian geoblocked content. I´ll watch formula 1 :-)

servus.tv AT content is no problem, i tought *.ORF.at is blocking your AT IP-Space (128.90.XXX.XXX)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Scrapeable" (copyable) screen text in dialogs

I have noticed this in VyprVPN, but this may be applicable to other products as well, so I have posted this to "general".

Issue:
    Screen text - especially error dialog and version text - is not selectable or copyable.

Why is this an issue?

(1) When submitting a question, support request, or whatever either directly to your support people, or via the forum, the user has to either write down the information, or try to reproduce it from memory.

(2) In most every case, your support people, (and others on the forum who can help), need specific, current, and accurate…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the idea!

The errors our Support team requires, along with version information, are sent along with support requests submitted from within the app. This is why we routinely ask for logs by way of the “Contact Support” option in the app.

If it becomes necessary to have copyable features in the app, we will certainly let you know.

18. Add Chennai or Bangalore server for India

Current server is located in Mumbai which is far from my location and gaming latency is more when i connected to Mumbai server. Adding a Chennai or Bangalore server is appreciated, Thanks

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. outfox

Have outfox included in vyprvpn premium

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support SRG SSR and BlueTV on Switzerland Server

Support Swiss streaming sites - such as
    - SRG SSR channel's live on their websites
    - BlueTV from Swisscom.
    Both these Swiss services are unavailable with your Swiss VPN.

Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base