Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Server load in the application

Add a "server load" section in the application. (See image attached).

849 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    14 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add IKEv2 support

Please add IKEv2 support. IKEv2 protocol is much faster than L2TP and secure and usually not censored.

692 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  17 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Connection Per App on win10

You should add the "Connection Per App" function on win10, just like the Mac have.
    It is very convenience to have this feature.

577 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatic switching of VPN and common network functions

For a website that supports Chinese, VyprVPN has become friendly enough, but I still find some functions to be promoted during use. If there is an automatic switchover, the function of the VPN line and the ordinary line will be fine! Use a browser to visit a foreign website or play a foreign game. It automatically switches VPN. If you visit your home site or play your own game, switch to offline-VPN automatically! That's a really good idea! Isn't it?
    对于一个支持中文的网站来说,VyprVPN已经显得足够友好了,但是我在使用过程中,仍然发现了一些有待提升的功能。如果有一个自动切换VPN线路和普通线路的功能就好了!用浏览器访问国外的网站亦或玩国外的游戏它就自动切换VPN。如果浏览本国网站或者玩本国游戏就自动切换成offline-VPN!这真是个不错的想法!不是吗?

488 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VPN Kill Switch - Add an option to VyprVPN to disconnect the internet when the VPN drops.

Add a check mark to disable internet if VPN connection is lost.

391 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. An option to disconnect / connect to the vpn via command line in windows.

If you had an option to disconnect / connect to the VPN via command line in windows, then I can script the process to occur automatically depending on specific criteria. This would then be controllable outside of your UI, allowing more flexibility.
    Example: In other VPN services you can do something like this
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\VyprVPN\VyprVPN.exe" -disconnect

This in turn can be created into a batch file and added to your "project" or whatever.

244 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a button "change ip address"

instead of press disconnect and reconnect again.
    why not add a button below it saying "change ip address"
    which allows user to change the ip address in the same location

242 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto start applications on connect and auto-close on connection lost

Add a list of software to start on connection success and to (force) close when losing connection.
    I'm using "VPN Lifeguard" to do this, but it will be better if integrated inside your application.
    Very usefull when using a software that should not run outside the VPN.
    (sorry if bad english)

215 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have implemented a similar feature, Kill Switch, in our VyprVPN Windows 2.5 release which allows the user to choose to not have internet access when the computer is not connected to VPN. We are currently working on the proof of concept for per-app VPN. I hope this answers your questions!

9. Start app minimized to tray on Windows start

The earlier program version minimised to tray when starting automatically on Windows start. The latest version has taken away that feature and the program starts maximised on the desktop now. That may be great for some but I like to control how auto-start programs behave, ie whether they are maximised or minimised. It would be good if a "Minimise to tray" tickbox option existed in General Options which is available when you select "Launch VprVPN on log in".

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  16 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 with L2TP/IPsec

Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 now supports l2tp over ipsec, but vyprvpn not working... ?

164 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Fastest Server" - An option where VyprVPN app selects the best server

I would like an option in desktop app, thats automatic selecting the server that are closest to your location, so your always are connected to the best server(For optimal speed), which also can be used for people that are traveling alot.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. connect vyprvpn through proxy

HTTP/HTTPS proxy support for Vyprvpn software. Currently those who are behind firewal and use a proxy to connect to internet aren't able to use Vyprvpn

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Per-URL VPN

give us the ability to define an URL set which will be used for connections over the vyprvpn only.

lets say i define www.netflix.com only the traffic to/from netflix.com goes through the vpn connection, all other traffic will use the standard route without vpn

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Auto disconnect when shutting down PC.

I experience connection errors when starting up my computer if I don't disconnect Vper before shut down. If It could automatically disconnect during Windows shut down, that would solve the problem. It reconnects just fine on start up.

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 64 bit version VyprVPN for WINDOWS

64 bit version VyprVPN for WINDOWS

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make the App auto-reconnect feature fail over to other server locations if reconnect fails.

If the auto-reconnection fails after a given amount of times, then have the App automatically try a different server location for a given amount of times, and then try a different server after, so on and so forth, until a successful connection is made.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Smart diversion

According to different applications shunt, such as: do not visit foreign network traffic does not take VPN, when there are applications to visit foreign networks automatically take VPN tunnel. This is very important for Chinese users, should be for the Chinese users will be registered at home with foreign social applications.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Location on the tray icon

When I pass my mouse arrow over the tray icon, the information is Vyprn Connected 10.xx.xx.xx . The internal IP is not very usefull, it would be better to give the location (I know we can obtain it by clicking on the icon).

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. VyprVPN Gaming Mode

it would be great to add gaming mode feature in the application .
    gaming mode will block the other network connections that consuming the internet and causing high ping

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Speed Measurement

How about a TX/RX speed measurement and display? It could be enabled or disabled if there is concern about CPU cycles.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base