Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add an adblocker in vyprvpn

My idea would be to add an adblocker in vyprvpn to be able to block ads more easily without installing an adblocker add-on or install adblocker browsers on the machines.

315 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VPN Cluster in India

With roughly 1.2 billion people, India is the world’s largest democracy and second largest country by population. A VyprVPN-Server-Cluster here would be nice. ;-)

308 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VyprVPN on several devices

It would be great to be able to connect to VyprVPN on more than one device at the same time.
    So it could be possible to have VyprVPN connected on a server, pc, mac, ios and android devices at the same time.

304 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently upgraded our Golden Frog VyprVPN plans to include one VyprVPN connection for Basic accounts, two connections for Pro accounts, and three connections for Premier accounts.

So, if you have a Pro or Premier account, you can now connect multiple devices at the same time.

4. WireGuard manual configuration

Please provide a method to configure WireGuard connections outside vyprvpn-app.

303 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Accept Bitcoin as payment method

Why aren't you guys accepting Bitcoin as payment method?

304 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  22 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 286 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. VyprVPN Router

I would like to have a way to use my dd-wrt router to handle the VPN tunnel AND have the option to easily change the location of the VPN server, Would it be possible to make a plugin or some type of router control panel to work with DD-WRT or another open source firmware. ?

284 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. VyprVPN server in the Israel?

Hi guys,

Is there any chance Golden Frog could add a VyprVPN
    server in Israel? It would allow me to trade currencies from there. I would appreciate it tremendously.

Thanks for a great work so far,

Ron

275 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. VyprVPN for Blackberry 10

I have found a converted version of the Android app (1.2.1) and side loaded it, but the app would not even load. It would be great to have a native BB10 version of the app, or even a converted Android version.

Alternately, a VPN can be set up on the device manually. The attached file contains information on the settings available. Unfortunately nothing conforms with manual options for other environments.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jerry

272 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. GUI for Linux

Develop a GUI for Linux that allows us to change any and all protocols, severs, DNS leak, kill switch, etc., etc. Constantly going into terminal and opening a text editor with sudo gets to be pain. Almost all security measure from firewalls, anti virus and malware now have GUI's VyprVPN should be no different.

258 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto-Protocol Switch

I have been having trouble with VyprVPN connecting. Found out I needed to switch protocols.

It would be great to have a protocol switch(es) on the control panel. Something similar to the "kill switch", "connect on untrusted wi-fi", and "block malicious sites".

I would also be great to have an switch to automatically find the "best" or "unblocked" protocol. You could set order of preference in the "system preferences".

256 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a button "change ip address"

instead of press disconnect and reconnect again.
    why not add a button below it saying "change ip address"
    which allows user to change the ip address in the same location

255 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. iOS 'kill switch'

Add a check mark to disable internet if VPN connection is lost. (Like the Mac Beta)

254 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  VyprVPN - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ad blockers at the servers

Ad blocker at the servers. As a benefit to you it would reduce data demand on your network. I am a paying customer. Perhaps you could make this a benefit for paying customers, and as a draw to encourage more to pay for the service.

251 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. An option to disconnect / connect to the vpn via command line in windows.

If you had an option to disconnect / connect to the VPN via command line in windows, then I can script the process to occur automatically depending on specific criteria. This would then be controllable outside of your UI, allowing more flexibility.
    Example: In other VPN services you can do something like this
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\VyprVPN\VyprVPN.exe" -disconnect

This in turn can be created into a batch file and added to your "project" or whatever.

250 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a Wireguard Configuration File

It will be great to have wireguard configuration file makes available, similar to that of openvpn configuration File.

249 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Lifetime Subscription

With very aggressive offers (LIFETIME subscriptions) from companies like VPN Unlimited for only 39$, VPN Land for only 24,99$, proXPN for only 39$, etc, it would be great to have an offer from Golden Frog (VyprVPN) for a lifetime suscription for a reasonable price.

238 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Static IP Support

It would be great to have a option for static IP addresses.

232 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Faster Country Change

Please allow for faster server change. No need to force user to first disconnect then reconnect. If I want to connect to a new server then disconnection is implied. Let the app handle the disconnect automatically when I request he new server so that I only interact with it once without waiting for the first step to complete.

Also allow server changes from the drop down menu bar (Mac) without opening the full app window.

See Tunnel Bear for how they handle this. It’s easy and seamless.

231 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. bypass for local addresses (ip range filtering)

I can't connect to any devices on my LAN with this running, which means I need to start and stop the software to connect to NAS etc. Some kind of range filter / mask would be great (192.168), whatever works for you. Failing that, per app would be tolerable (if not ideal in browser). Great app and service, keep up the good work :-)

230 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base