Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IP cycling

Cycle threw different IP address after certain periods of time

170 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VyprVPN Server in Australia

An Australian Server would be great. To access ABC for example. Many other australian sites are only for australian-ip's in access.

171 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The VyprVPN server cluster in Australia is now available!

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/new-vpn-server-cluster-in-sydney-australia

How to Access the Australia Server Cluster:

VyprVPN Desktop – If you use VyprVPN Desktop, the new server cluster will automatically be available when you choose your server location.

VyprVPN Mobile – If you use VyprVPN Mobile, simply log out of the app and log back in to enable Australia as an option.

Manual Setup – If you manually set up VyprVPN on your operating system, you can update your VyprVPN hostname to: au1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

3. Upgrade the Chameleon protocol to use WireGuard over OpenVPN

According to the article https://support.vyprvpn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038081831-What-is-Chameleon-, the chameleon protocol is based on OpenVPN. Could it be rebased on WireGuard instead to keep it lightweight and use of the faster speed?

166 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add support for Chromecast screen mirroring

Screen mirroring on android gets cut when initiating Vyprvpn connection. Even if all apps have been set to get around VPN.

166 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 with L2TP/IPsec

Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 now supports l2tp over ipsec, but vyprvpn not working... ?

164 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dark theme

Dark mode for the nigths or for people like me with problems in reading in a white blackground. Please

163 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. WireGuard for Linux using Networkmanager

Please add Networkmanager support!

158 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wireguard in DD-WRT

Wireguard is the most robust protocol and VyprVPN is loosing big time against other VPN providers by not support Wireguard in DD-WRT Routers.

Check this out
    https://www.ivpn.net/setup/router/ddwrt-wireguard/

Please provide wireguard support for dd-wrt.

Thanks

156 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Student Discount

Other VPN providers are reaching out to students from students discount to free subscriptions.

VyprVPN's Chameleon™ technology lets students across the world access the internet without limits and if they were to possibly get it for free or at a discounted price the better students would be prepared for school.

154 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Way to add LTE as a trusted or untrusted network

I don't want to use VPN on cellular network. If i connect to a public untrusted wifi the VPN will connect and after I move out of range, VPN stay connected on LTE because there is no way to tell the app I trust LTE.

On the other side someone could not trust LTE but would not want the vpn to connect on if home wifi.

Please add a switch asking if you trust 3G/LTE cellular data network and make it auto connect like untrusted wifi option.

153 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the idea!

You could temporarily circumvent this by disabling the auto-reconnect on disconnect option. When you move off an untrusted network, the app disconnects and reconnects, although it may seem like the connection between the wifi network and LTE is maintained, it is not. Any time the network changes, VyprVPN will need to reconnect. Although, it does so quickly.

If you turn off auto-reconnect, the connection will break after jumping from wifi to LTE and it will not re-establish.

11. 152 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ukash or paysafecard

Ukash or paysafecard as payment ?

151 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Golden Frog - Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Apple TV 4th. Generation Support

Request for developing an Apple TV 4th. Generation application which is made available through the tvOS app store.

151 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Linux deserves a stable VyprVPN version with Chameleon Protocol

Hello,

First of all, I am writing you from China and this year I've changed from another VPN provider (the name is starting with A...) to Vypr, and without doubt it was one of the best decisions I did take.

Regretfully, Green Frog don't have any stable Vypr program for Linux. I really hope this will change in the future !!!

Best Wishes from China !!

148 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A VPN cluster in Dubai!

I've been using VyprVPN for a while now and have been very pleased with the service, as well as many of my Family relatives and friends. I would highly suggest to open a VPN cluster ideally in the Gulf region (Dubai, Riyadh, Doha) as many internet services from this region are offered to other Arabic speaking countries (There are more than 28 Arabic speaking countries from the Arabian Peninsula in west Asia till Morocco and Mauritania in Northwest Africa). Having a VPN cluster in any of these countries would help in opening the boundaries of services that are broadcasted and…

148 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add an Alaska server

Probably not feasible, and a Western Canada server should suffice - but Alaska is so far away from everything and the normal latency from distance kills most connections. The added VPN latency often makes it difficult to get good speeds. Thanks for the consideration.

147 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Wireguard

Please add Wireguard protocol.

https://www.wireguard.com/

145 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 145 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CLI for Fedora x64

The deb CLI package works great on Mint. It would be nice to have it for Fedora.

142 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Fastest Server" - An option where VyprVPN app selects the best server

I would like an option in desktop app, thats automatic selecting the server that are closest to your location, so your always are connected to the best server(For optimal speed), which also can be used for people that are traveling alot.

143 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base