Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I liked the on-demand function

I liked the idea of the on-demand function for iOS in principle as it stopped my device from communicating with the internet unencrypted. I understand it was quite buggy though and had to try numerous work arounds when something went wrong. I would like the on-demand feature to be brought back as the automatic reconnect doesn't feature full protection.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The auto-reconnect feature is functionally very similar to On-Demand. The only difference is that the user must initiate the first connection when using auto-reconnect setting. After connected, the auto-reconnect is functionally the same as On-Demand.

2. Cache server IP addresses on load

Have VyprVPN Cache the IP addresses it needs to connect a VPN tunnel and optionally use those instead of DNS based connections.

Let me explain why.

One or another of the development tools that I use cause a weird but persistent problem on my PCs. Whenever a new network connection appears on my PC for whatever reason, DNS resolution fails for approx. 5 minutes before starting to work again. The result being that when I need to turn off the VPN I cannot reconnect it again for over 5 minutes, and during that time my PC does not have internet…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Windows Update with Admin Elevation

I use VyprVPN on Windows and like the automatic update feature (so it tells me that an update is available).

However, as my normal user under windows does not have administrative privileges, the setup starts and fails afterwards because of this.

Can you please change the update-installer to check for available admin-rights in the beginning and allow to change the user in the setup process (admin elevation)?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. HUAWEI4G LTE Pocket WiFi Router

you may need to support HUAWEI E589 E5776 4G LTE Pocket WiFi Router

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. App for Snow Leopard (10.6) users

I think that you should make the Vyprvpn App available also for those who have a Mac OS X older than 10.7.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable VPN client to download new files for updating before uninstalling the current version

I saw a notification on my VPN client that a new version was available, so I tried to update. The process immediately uninstalled my VPN client and then tried to download a new version. The download process was just stuck and not moving at all. Being in Beijing may have something to do with it. I couldn't even cancel because there was no cancel button and the X button on the window was made unclickable. So to make sure I stopped all related processes, I just rebooted the computer.

As the VPN client had been uninstalled, I reinstalled my older…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. connaitre le ping du serveur sur laquel on est connecter

voire le ping du serveur sur laquel on est connecter , a coter des informations ou l'on choisi son serveur

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. tls authorization

I like using your service.Wouldn't it be good to provide TLS authentication options for OpenVPN connections?
    If there was a Man in the middle attach forging my local provider's DNS resolving and routed me to his fake VPN server when I resolve an xxx.vpn.goldenfrog.com address, wouldn't that be dangerous?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the Connect To button that shows my favorites, could you add the current ping to them?

When I want to switch locations to get a better ping you have to check the server locations anyway. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Arrange messaging between users with ability to use personal encryption system

Arrange messaging between users with ability to use personal encryption system

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. create a forum

Hello

I would suggest that create you a forum to help users more easily.

Regards David Ouilleres

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show the GN# in the Control Panel like before or enable vyprvpn to work with normal usernames. (connecti)

The GN# does not show up in the control panel anymore...

But it is needed for vyprvpn... Because with normal username only login works but connecting does not... The GN# is needed to use your client\software...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Golden Frog - Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How about a server in Raleigh, NC...the Capital City?

How about a server in Raleigh, NC...the Capital City?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow users to connect to the same Octet

Users who need to post to services such as Craigslist require IPs to come from the same Octet. Allowing users to connect to the same octet would be useful for these cases.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. stabilize helper tool under mac OS X

if an error helper tool freeze system wide and impossible even force quit and reinstall does not solve problem

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base