Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Malaysian Servers

Hi I need More servers for malysia you have only two, please provide some paid service for country specific servers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. can you please provide a option for set customer First ip as broadband type ?

Please provide a option to set customer first IP as broadband type

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. neteller

add neteller as payment method

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connection sound notifications enabled by default

IT SHOULD NOTIFY ME WITH A SOUND ALERT WHEN THE VPN GETS DISCONNECTED SOMETIMES, BY DEFAULT. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ALL USERS IRRESPECTIVE :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CLEAR Instructions for new users from Giganews

You should pass on that this should be clearly explained on the website on Giganews.

1. For Giganews accounts: Account holders need to logon to VyperVPN with their Giganews account credentials to get the unlimited account they paid for with Platinum or Diamond Giganews upgrades. The only information right now comes from the application at first launch (desktop AND Android) and it says NOTHING about using the Giganews account to get credit for the upgrade. It only prompts the user to create an account. Very confusing. NOT a good user experience!

2. Bandwidth meter: This is displayed on the "free" accounts. If…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Faster disconnects

Speed up log off disconnects and offer added connections on a per connection price

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Different Price Mechanism for Different Countries

I'm a VyprVPN user from Malaysia, and I've been using VyprVPN for just a few weeks. I love this service so much, but for users in Malaysia, we have an issue to subscribe, which is the price.

Please do understand that when we have to convert the fee to our currency from USD, we have to multiply approximately 4.20++ (as I'm replying right now). So if the monthly fee for a Premier account is 10USD, we have to pay about RM40+.

I hope VyprVPN can consider the monthly fee price mechanism for other country than US (like what Google have…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add the server's IP address to Allowed Admin IP Addresses in System Settings

Within the System Settings: After adding the first IP (and thus enabling the firewall), the IP of the server should also be added

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please charge per GB of use rather than a monthly payment, as other VPN sites do it.

Please charge per GB of use rather than a monthly payment, as other VPN sites (such as PrivateTunnel) do it. This idea would be nice...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability for VyprVPN control panel to inherit hostname from router

All my devices MAC addresses have specific IP addresses (static IP) assigned to them using the "Static DHCP/ARP/IPT" section under "Basic"

Under the menu VyprVPN --> Per Device VPN you have a list of connected devices. Some of the device hostnames are not found.

All of my connected devices have hostnames assigned under the menu Basic --> Static DHCP/ARP/IPT.

It would be great if manually entered hostnames could be inherited from the Basic --> Static DHCP/ARP/IPT section to the VyprVPN --> Per Device VPN hostname section.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. instead of having VyprVPN appear as Unintended network and Ethernet 2 why not incorporate a familiar identifier?

Instead of having VyprVPN appear as Unidentified network and Ethernet 2 why not incorporate a familiar specific identifier in the name like golden frog or VyprVPN so not to spook anybody unfamiliar with this?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to import own private keys for Web Panel SSL

Find it annoying to not be able to use existing issued wildcard certificate on the web admin panel. Any chance for an import tool for the keys in addition to the certificate?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share Registered VyprVPN Servers

I want to share my own VyprVPN Server with other Golden Frog customers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Traffic Priority and more retries

Two ideas: One, be able to configure priority for VPN traffic (ie, set the traffic over the VPN to a higher priority than ordinary traffic). Also, the number of reconnect retries ought to be able to be set to unlimited.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Vpn in smart car?

Have you all discussed a vpn for telematics and infotainment systems in these newer smart vehicles that are becoming more and more connected.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. VyprVPR iOS 7 App j

I'd love to see the VyprVPN app to be backwards compatible for iOS 7 and above rather than iOS 8 and above.

Thanks,
    Callum

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cache successful dns resolves

Chinese govt regularly uses dns poisoning to make "jumping the wall" harder. From what I can tell this includes vpn addresses. I have been using manually configured vpn connections with hard coded ip addresses for vypr servers (found using ping) and this often works even when vpn client app fails. What would be good is if vpn app could cache ip addresses from successful connect attempts. When connecting it would try the dns supplied address first, and then if this failed for any reason (and note, cn govt often points their poisoned dns entries to real servers) then it would…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base