Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add IKEv2 support

Please add IKEv2 support. IKEv2 protocol is much faster than L2TP and secure and usually not censored.

692 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  17 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Privacy filter on VPN servers

Since blocking ads, trackers. Http referrers, social tracking etc is hard on mobile devices (and cumbersome on desktops) it would be a great add-on for Vypr.
    Let the VPN server do the filtering for me and sell it as an add-on like NAT.
    Small beginnings: use the filters from Adblock Plus.
    Later: Look at Ghostery and similar browser plugins to get inspiration on what to block to prevent tracking.
    Ideally: prevent browser uniqueness tracking (see this article http://panopticlick.eff.org/browser-uniqueness.pdf).

I would suggest a price of 5-10 dollars per month for this add-on. Would also be perfect for the new business…

497 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VPN Kill Switch - Add an option to VyprVPN to disconnect the internet when the VPN drops.

Add a check mark to disable internet if VPN connection is lost.

391 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 332 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Cyphr - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VPN Cluster in India

With roughly 1.2 billion people, India is the world’s largest democracy and second largest country by population. A VyprVPN-Server-Cluster here would be nice. ;-)

308 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. VyprVPN on several devices

It would be great to be able to connect to VyprVPN on more than one device at the same time.
    So it could be possible to have VyprVPN connected on a server, pc, mac, ios and android devices at the same time.

304 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently upgraded our Golden Frog VyprVPN plans to include one VyprVPN connection for Basic accounts, two connections for Pro accounts, and three connections for Premier accounts.

So, if you have a Pro or Premier account, you can now connect multiple devices at the same time.

7. VyprVPN Router

I would like to have a way to use my dd-wrt router to handle the VPN tunnel AND have the option to easily change the location of the VPN server, Would it be possible to make a plugin or some type of router control panel to work with DD-WRT or another open source firmware. ?

284 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. VyprVPN server in the Israel?

Hi guys,

Is there any chance Golden Frog could add a VyprVPN
    server in Israel? It would allow me to trade currencies from there. I would appreciate it tremendously.

Thanks for a great work so far,

Ron

275 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. VyprVPN for Blackberry 10

I have found a converted version of the Android app (1.2.1) and side loaded it, but the app would not even load. It would be great to have a native BB10 version of the app, or even a converted Android version.

Alternately, a VPN can be set up on the device manually. The attached file contains information on the settings available. Unfortunately nothing conforms with manual options for other environments.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jerry

269 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Auto-Protocol Switch

I have been having trouble with VyprVPN connecting. Found out I needed to switch protocols.

It would be great to have a protocol switch(es) on the control panel. Something similar to the "kill switch", "connect on untrusted wi-fi", and "block malicious sites".

I would also be great to have an switch to automatically find the "best" or "unblocked" protocol. You could set order of preference in the "system preferences".

254 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto start applications on connect and auto-close on connection lost

Add a list of software to start on connection success and to (force) close when losing connection.
    I'm using "VPN Lifeguard" to do this, but it will be better if integrated inside your application.
    Very usefull when using a software that should not run outside the VPN.
    (sorry if bad english)

215 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have implemented a similar feature, Kill Switch, in our VyprVPN Windows 2.5 release which allows the user to choose to not have internet access when the computer is not connected to VPN. We are currently working on the proof of concept for per-app VPN. I hope this answers your questions!

12. Iceland

What about adding a Icelandic cluster?

They seem to have very sensible anti-censorship & Internet privacy laws.

207 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You spoke and we listened! We just launched a new VyprVPN server cluster in Reykjavík, Iceland!

he new server cluster is available for all VyprVPN protocols, including PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, and OpenVPN.

How to Access the Iceland Server Cluster:

VyprVPN Desktop – If you use VyprVPN Desktop, the new server cluster will automatically be available when you choose your server location.

VyprVPN Mobile – If you use VyprVPN Mobile, simply log out of the app and log back in to enable the Iceland as an option.

Manual Setup – If you manually set up VyprVPN on your operating system, you can update your VyprVPN hostname to: is1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/new-vpn-server-cluster-in-iceland

13. Allow passwords longer than 14 characters

Currently you can only open an account using a password of 14 characters maximum. There is no reason for this restriction and it only benefits those who would try and brute force an account.

The password length limit should be raised to something less likely to be broken by a GPU in a few days.

200 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. VyprVPN app for Linux?

Will there be a VyprVPN app for Linux in the near future?

196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More VyprVPN servers in Asia - Japan, South Korea, etc.

It would be good if there were extra servers in Asia, ideally South Korea and Japan, instead of having to rely on the single server in Hong Kong for the best speeds

190 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, we launched a VyprVPN server cluster in Tokyo, Japan today!

Thanks for the feedback and votes! South Korea will launch next week.

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/new-vpn-server-cluster-in-japan

How to Access the Japan Server Cluster:

VyprVPN Desktop – If you use VyprVPN Desktop, the new server cluster will automatically be available when you choose your server location.

VyprVPN Mobile – If you use VyprVPN Mobile, simply log out of the app and log back in to enable Japan as an option.

Manual Setup – If you manually set up VyprVPN on your operating system, you can update your VyprVPN hostname to: jp1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

16. Accept more payment methods

As a suggestion this one here...

— JCB
    — Diners Club
    — Bitcoins
    — WebMoney
    — Cheque (Check)
    — Bank/Wire Transfer
    — WorldPay

Many students in Europe own just Prepaid Cards from Visa / MasterCard - they don't work with PayPal.

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Golden Frog - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. VyprVPN Server in Australia

An Australian Server would be great. To access ABC for example. Many other australian sites are only for australian-ip's in access.

171 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The VyprVPN server cluster in Australia is now available!

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/new-vpn-server-cluster-in-sydney-australia

How to Access the Australia Server Cluster:

VyprVPN Mobile – If you use VyprVPN Mobile, simply log out of the app and log back in to enable Australia as an option.

Manual Setup – If you manually set up VyprVPN on your operating system, you can update your VyprVPN hostname to: au1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

18. A VPN cluster in Dubai!

I've been using VyprVPN for a while now and have been very pleased with the service, as well as many of my Family relatives and friends. I would highly suggest to open a VPN cluster ideally in the Gulf region (Dubai, Riyadh, Doha) as many internet services from this region are offered to other Arabic speaking countries (There are more than 28 Arabic speaking countries from the Arabian Peninsula in west Asia till Morocco and Mauritania in Northwest Africa). Having a VPN cluster in any of these countries would help in opening the boundaries of services that are broadcasted and…

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Fastest Server" - An option where VyprVPN app selects the best server

I would like an option in desktop app, thats automatic selecting the server that are closest to your location, so your always are connected to the best server(For optimal speed), which also can be used for people that are traveling alot.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. We need a cluster in Latin America.

Mexico, Argentina, Chile, or elsewhere in South or Central America, or the Caribbean.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base