Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

Add additional protocols to iOS app

OpenVPN vs chameleon vs ....

The current protocol performs poorly at my work.

1,069 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gowing@nospammail.net shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • allansummers@sky.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another VPN, Private Internet Access added OpenVPN into their iOS app, so that’s 4 VPNs that have added OpenVPN in their iPhone apps now. So please add OpeVPN, and as it sounds like Chameleon starts off as OpenVPN data before scrambling it that can be added on the app too. Please look into this now.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chameleon is also necessary for iOS. At the same time a kill switch is also required. VPN may not be functioning after screen lock or terminal restart. Privacy is not protected if background function is on. It can be shut down to the system level when the VPN disconnects or terminates the VPN, if privacy can be more protected if it can set the same as the kill switch of the Windows version, it is glad.

• mmcmurray1@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Chameleon & other port selection to the protocol options on VyprVPN - iOS. It is very much needed with more and more companies establishing blocking on the other protocols and ports.

I’ve contacted Apple about VPN protocols, and they told me that OpenVPN and stealth protocols such as Chameleon are allowed, so please add Chameleon ASAP.

We really need Chameleon protocol in the iPhone app, OpenVPN would be good as well, but Chameleon is definitely priority because the protocol we have on the iPhone app is often blocked.

• cdftrim@icloud.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having said that, I wouldn’t mind seeing the option for L2TP/IPSEC alongside the current IKEv2. I realize that dictatorial Apple won't allow this particular stealth protocol on ios... Officially anyways. Though there's always workarounds like what Adguard Pro did with its "Invert whitelist" solution for getting by Apple's restrictions on DNS system wide adblocking. For those of you wondering why you can do something on Android but not on ios it's the same as it's always been, APPLE WON'T ALLOW LEVEL 2 (OSI STRUCTURE OF NETWORKING) filtering on ios. Only level 3. Which is why with OpenVPN Connect you see a "TUN" adapter, rather than a "TAP" adapter. Along with the additional protocols and options. I do know that L2TP and IKEv2 can be used as PrivateVPN on iOS allows it in their iOS app.

It is definitely possible to add Chameleon to the iPhone app because VPN Unlimited has added a stealth protocol into their iPhone app, and like Chameleon it uses OpenVPN. So please add Chameleon as soon as you can.

• claudio-ho@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently, the connectivity in China via protocol ikve is hard and unstable. Why not adding Chamelon protocol for iOS devices? Would that be possible?

• and1.vall3@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Mac is working quite well, trying the three protocols (including Chamaleon), but with iOS this is not possible.
        In China, for example, VyprVPN can’t work on public networks as the standard protocol is not working.
        When will be ready the update (or upgrade, I would say)

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base