Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

More VyprVPN servers in Asia - Japan, South Korea, etc.

It would be good if there were extra servers in Asia, ideally South Korea and Japan, instead of having to rely on the single server in Hong Kong for the best speeds

190 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, we launched a VyprVPN server cluster in Tokyo, Japan today!

Thanks for the feedback and votes! South Korea will launch next week.

http://www.goldenfrog.com/blog/new-vpn-server-cluster-in-japan

How to Access the Japan Server Cluster:

VyprVPN Desktop – If you use VyprVPN Desktop, the new server cluster will automatically be available when you choose your server location.

VyprVPN Mobile – If you use VyprVPN Mobile, simply log out of the app and log back in to enable Japan as an option.

Manual Setup – If you manually set up VyprVPN on your operating system, you can update your VyprVPN hostname to: jp1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • vernum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add to my comment that after further test it seems that only a some ip work (those starting with 43.249.x.x) and every other (103.17.x.x) still dont work on japanese services.

Looks like the problem with japanese server not being recognized as being in japan has been fixed, all the japanese website I have tried that blocks external ip now works.

• Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just as information: Good big sites like radiko.jp unfortunately blocked all your Tokyo IP ranges, they call me I'm from BERLIN, GERMANY (sometimes HONG KONG, HONG KONG) but I'm not. Smart Japanese website operators...

Hello, thank you very much for the tokyo server but I have a problem, some site like http://gyao.yahoo.co.jp/ unblock properly but some website like radiko.jp for example still block me , they tell me that I m connecting from hong kong so they block me.

I went to japan then got used to their websites, mmo games, streaming service etc.. then after moving back again I found out that I have lost access to many of those sites and services because they were only accessible with a japanese ip.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

William - make sure you also vote for the Japan VPN 'Idea', if you haven't already.

• William Crawford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely could use Japan servers. I subscribe to another VPN specifically for that area. Other Asian countries won't work for me. Has to be Japan specifically.

Feedback and Knowledge Base