Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

Cyphr for Windows Phone

Be great to see Cyphr for windows phone 8. Means communication between devices more secure. Great for consumers. Understand the slowness on VyprVPN for windows phone, but instant messaging apps generally get the best adoption when they work across all devices. Also businesses seem to be adopting more windows devices so this is a great app for them too. Just an idea!

55 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brayden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree with idea GoldenFrog shouldn't develop a WIndows 10 Mobile or even Universal Application. Windows 10 will encourage to users to invest into the entire ecosystem when Microsoft begin pushing the continuity and seamlessness of said Ecosystem. GoldenFrog could profit from developing a Windows Mobile App because it may encourage users to purchase VyprVpn. Plus the more support the platform gets from developers the more people will flock to it. Just give it a chance. People said similar things about Android when that was getting started, now look at it. I'll be staying with Windows Mobile, and I'd be happy to pay for a pro version of Cyphr if it does come to the platform.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Universal Win App would be incredible however even just a mobile app would be fantastic. Please support windows phones!

• gies.nate@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Microsoft just let the air out of the tires on Windows Phone. Just recently announced that they want out of the phone hardware business so soon after buying Nokia. Windows Phone makes up only 2.7% of the smartphone market. And even if Windows 10 Mobile changes that, you know it's never going to be as big as the other two main mobile operating systems.
    I don't think it's worth Golden Frog's time to work on this in light of all the other pressing features requested.

• Phonton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows Phone is a growing market and that's a fact!
    Plus it would be nice to be able to Cyphr with my girlfriend who's got a WP :P

• Denyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows phone is being pushed into corporate by quite a large number of players, MS aren't going to give up on it and their surface / Win10 ideology is going to be pushed hard.

+1 for WinPho support.

• siladitya.dey@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree. Android/iOS makes up for a very large chunk of smartphone markets. It would be very wasteful to invest time in a windows related effort especially given the low likelihood of adoption.

Feedback and Knowledge Base